Heloc for liquidity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heloc for liquidity?

I've been thinking about using a heloc for liquidity purposes only. Basically as an emergency fund so that I can keep more cash invested. Thoughts on this?

Sure. Many do this.

Comment

I’ve been thinking about using a heloc for liquidity purposes only. Basically as an emergency fund so that I can keep more cash invested. Thoughts on this?

What rate? I don't have a problem with doing so if you are in a very stable job (solid group, hospital not going through a lot of changes, or whatever). I'd still recommend you keep $10k or so liquid for small emergencies unless you tend to keep a high bank balance ($30k+) to cover small emergencies such as HVAC going out. Also consider that if you have to draw on it, the result is that you are borrowing money to invest in the stock market. If you wouldn't do so today without an emergency, why would you do it in the event of an emergency?

What is an emergency to one may be simply a budget item to another, I realize.
      Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Not to hijack the thread but if my wife and I bought the house together can she do a Heloc on it by herself? Or does it involve us both going through the process again? Reason I ask is we have thought about this also but with me about to buy into practice I dont need to be doing anything big on my end until thats done.

Comment

Working...
        X