Excel spreadsheet big financial picture tracking needed -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel spreadsheet big financial picture tracking needed -

Dear White Coat Investor. Thank you for your book. It motivated me to understand my financial stats and create a comprehensive spreadsheet.

I would like to create a spreadsheet that would track my "big financial picture" on an annual basis. I would like to accommodate the following trackers: net worth/balance sheet, tax efficiency - effective tax rate, savings contributions (additions/withdrawals) and savings rate, account growth rates and graphs for a visualization.

I just started thinking about it. At this point I am investing my time in learning Excel (newbee) and design of the spreadsheet. I would take the advise of my fellow physicians who already have done it.

Interestingly, after plugging in some numbers - such as account values for last 3 years from my investments.... i realized that i am pretty flat in my net growth from the investments... and i don't even know my savings rate... It made me think that my financial picture is pretty complex and futile at the same time... I am looking forward to reduce the number of the accounts to make the tracking more reasonable... it is enlightening...

Best wishes

I'm happy to share the spreadsheets that I use for the exact same purpose - I'll PM those to you.  But, my best suggestion is start with mint.com.  I think that is a lifesaver and it will automatically load information from all of your accounts.  Then you can easily plug those numbers into a larger spreadsheet once per month.  Let me know if you have any questions.

-moneyhappens.net

Comment

For investment specific charts and data - I'd recommend personalcapital.com as a free way to track your investments... again, automated so you don't have to enter data every month.

Comment

thank you for the references. trying to test personal capital now... fancy program however i am a little skeptical. still have to be convinced that my personal data is worth giving away...

Comment

I am interested in seeing what you develop as a spreadsheet, nopro!  Good luck!

Comment

I like personal capital as well. I've been using it for a year. They call you on the phone periodically to try to sell their product. I talked to them once to see what they had to say but otherwise ignore them!

Comment

I've had a couple of requests for the net worth/financial plan/budgeting spreadsheet that I use for my family.  I've emailed it out to a few members here - happy to share - if you want a copy just drop me a PM.

Comment

I’ve had a couple of requests for the net worth/financial plan/budgeting spreadsheet that I use for my family.  I’ve emailed it out to a few members here – happy to share – if you want a copy just drop me a PM.

PM sent.

Thanks!

Comment

I use personalcapital.  Way better than mint!

Comment

Working...
                  X