Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work hard

This site has has been gre

Great story and congrats! It's a great feeling to get rid of student debt. Now...if you want, you're in a position to focus on early retirement if that's a goal of yours!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! You and your wife have done an amazing thing and you deserve huge kudos. I'm sure when WCI reads stories like yours, he realizes all over again that all the hard work he has put in is worth it.

Hope you'll consider turning your story into an article for the blog. I wish more of you out there in Lurkersville would consider posting your stories and the progress you've made as a result of WCI. It's ok to brag on yourselves when you inspire your colleagues.

Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Congrats on retiring debt. Double congrats on taking a chance and investing in yourself with the right job.

Comment

Nice work, congrats!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

That's how you use a shovel, congrats!

Comment

Sure thing. How would I go about it?

Comment

I will presume you’re answering me. You need to send a synopsis to WCI at [email protected] with your story and ask if he is interested in an article based upon your experience and how the blog inspired you.
                  Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Bless this post! It brings hope and fire to my grinding. Still a resident but grinding away, studying, moonlighting intermittently and spending some family time. I was super aggressive with some debt repayment early on as an intern but have become more relaxed about it. Still live relatively frugally. My moonlighting pays the government calculated RePAYE rate, helps max Roth IRA and 403b match. I use my extra money preventing the wifey from having to take out any new gradplus loans at 6.8% with 1% origination fee as I know that's at least a guaranteed ROI.

Dreaming of the days my student loans are gone. 110k left to go.

Comment

I will presume you’re answering me. You need to send a synopsis to WCI at [email protected] with your story and ask if he is interested in an article based upon your experience and how the blog inspired you.

If you need someone to proof read, post back - you may find someone to help.

Comment

Anyone can submit a guest post. Posts from long-term readers are almost universally accepted (despite often requiring heavy editing). Here are the guidelines:

https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/contact/guest-post-policy/

Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Bless this post! It brings hope and fire to my grinding. Still a resident but grinding away, studying, moonlighting intermittently and spending some family time. I was super aggressive with some debt repayment early on as an intern but have become more relaxed about it. Still live relatively frugally. My moonlighting pays the government calculated RePAYE rate, helps max Roth IRA and 403b match. I use my extra money preventing the wifey from having to take out any new gradplus loans at 6.8% with 1% origination fee as I know that’s at least a guaranteed ROI.

Dreaming of the days my student loans are gone. 110k left to go.

Glad to help, I'm sure you'll get there sooner than you think!!

Comment

Amazing job. Congrats! You're a model for me as I begin to pay off my own 300k in the next 5 years... but maybe I'll be able to make it 3-4!

Comment

@pistolpete: great job, keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X