USAA Limitless Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAA Limitless Card

I just switched to the USAA Limitless CC about a month ago. 2.5% cash back on everything. I only heard about it through a friend. I had to search for it on USAA’s website. Has anybody had any issues? Is there a reason it is not advertised? I know it’s only available in a handful of states, but it seems like a no-brainer.

I just switched to the USAA Limitless CC about a month ago. 2.5% cash back on everything. I only heard about it through a friend. I had to search for it on USAA’s website. Has anybody had any issues? Is there a reason it is not advertised? I know it’s only available in a handful of states, but it seems like a no-brainer.

It's not advertised because it isn't available in all states yet, including mine. I've been trying to get it for at least 10 months.
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

It's supposedly a pilot program.  I hope they never cancel it.

I haven't been having any issues, but that cash back balance really adds up quickly.  Seems like everytime I look there's another 40, 50, 80, 90 bucks waiting for me.  I use it for everything.

Comment

It’s supposedly a pilot program.  I hope they never cancel it.

I haven’t been having any issues, but that cash back balance really adds up quickly.  Seems like everytime I look there’s another 40, 50, 80, 90 bucks waiting for me.  I use it for everything.

don't use it for your taxes.  that only gives like 1% which is less then the fee to use a credit card.

Comment

It’s supposedly a pilot program.  I hope they never cancel it.

I haven’t been having any issues, but that cash back balance really adds up quickly.  Seems like everytime I look there’s another 40, 50, 80, 90 bucks waiting for me.  I use it for everything.
          Click to expand…

don’t use it for your taxes.  that only gives like 1% which is less then the fee to use a credit card.

Haven't thought of that!

Here's what they say in their fine print:

• Qualifying Purchases are the Purchases that post to your Account, less any Purchase credits, returns, or other adjustments that are not payments.

• Qualifying Purchases do not include: Balance Transfers, Cash Advances (including Convenience Checks), ATM Cash Disbursements, Money Transfers, Truck Stop Transactions, Gaming Transactions, Finance Charges, Fees, and purchases of other cash equivalents, even if used to purchase goods or services.

• Transactions that are not Qualifying Purchases do not earn any Cash Back.

I wonder what the ************************ a truck stop transaction is.

I think everything else qualifies for the full 2.5% back, I don't think there are reduced tiers.

I have not yet audited my account to make sure they're giving me the full 2.5% but I might do that at year end.

Comment

Okay, could someone please list the states where the USAA Limitless card is available and the states where it's pending?

Comment

Okay, could someone please list the states where the USAA Limitless card is available and the states where it’s pending?

From usaa.com: 

This product is currently available to members residing in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CO, GA, ID, IN, KS, LA, MI, MT, NM, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX and WA. It will become available in additional states at a later date.

Comment

Okay, could someone please list the states where the USAA Limitless card is available and the states where it’s pending?
                Click to expand…

From usaa.com:  This product is currently available to members residing in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CO, GA, ID, IN, KS, LA, MI, MT, NM, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX and WA. It will become available in additional states at a later date.

That list is a lot longer than it used to be, so I'd keep my hopes up that it should continue to spread. Impression I get is that this is a pretty big cost for USAA, so with the slow rollout they're limiting their exposure.  Essentially their entire transaction fee is going back to the customer.  If they get enough additional direct deposits and people using additional services from USAA then it's a win for them.  

Comment

Well, this doesn’t bode well for a national rollout of the card.....  I’ve had the card for about three months and love it! Heard that they changed the number of states in which it was available and checked the website and sure enough:

“1 This product is currently available to members residing in LA only.”

I don’t live in LA and hope they dont don’t take mine away or decrease the percentage. Seems odd for USAA to do something like this....

Comment

Dang.   :cry:

Guessing that means Louisiana since they used to list states by postal code.

Hopefully they're just throttling back their applicants for the time being, and not pulling the plug.

And if they do pull the plug, I hope they grandfather everyone already in.   

Comment

I would agree LA to be Louisiana and I hope I get grandfathered in.

Comment

Yeah, I know a bunch of people who got it in Texas...missed my chance.  Oh well.  I wanted it, but I'd have closed my other long-standing card with them and didn't want my long-term account closed for my credit score, and now it's too late.  They wouldn't simply upgrade my pre-existing one to it.  Oh well.  I usually end up getting back slightly more than 2.5% with the Chase Sapphire Reserve anyway when factoring in travel and dining.

Comment

Bank of America/Preferred Rewards is how I'm doing credit card rewards now that I'm not really churning any more.  3.5% back on groceries and 5.25% back on gas.  And that 3.5% applies to any gift cards you buy at the grocery store too, which is helpful for buying on Amazon or if you're buying a washing machine at Lowe's.

The only downside, and a pretty significant one, is that it's only good for $2500 of spend a quarter.

Comment

I heard they've stopped doing it and it was never available to Utahns.
                            Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Yeah, I know a bunch of people who got it in Texas…missed my chance.  Oh well.  I wanted it, but I’d have closed my other long-standing card with them and didn’t want my long-term account closed for my credit score, and now it’s too late.  They wouldn’t simply upgrade my pre-existing one to it.  Oh well.  I usually end up getting back slightly more than 2.5% with the Chase Sapphire Reserve anyway when factoring in travel and dining.

In case they open it back up, for what it's worth I've had another USAA credit card for a long time that I rarely ever/never use.  I asked if I could convert it awhile back to another card and they told me no.  So when the limitless card came out, I simply applied for it as my 2nd USAA card.

I've had one or two dormant cards closed in the past and never seen it ding my credit, so I'm not worried if they close my old one.

Comment

Working...
                              X