No announcement yet.

Am I crazy to buy a new vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95% of my driving is me by myself, either going to work, or just driving around town. So what I want and what I need are two different things. I may want to drive 0-60 in 2.8 secs or pull a boat around on the weekend, but I really don't need to. If I really need something, I may finance it if I have no other means of paying for it. If I just want it , I will typically pay cash for it. Not because it is a strictly economical decision, but because if I really want something that bad, departing with the cash should not be that hard, and personally, it just makes me think about the decision a lot more.

Comment

• Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

So I’m actually kind of shocked by this, but in my area, you can get a deal. I casually looked a while ago but didn’t buy and one of them got my email. I got an email from a dealership a few weeks ago saying they’re now selling under MSRP. I went to their website and they are advertising almost $5k off MSRP and they have about 20 different sierras on the lot.
      Well, when they don't build my 2022, maybe I'll go down to the dealership and buy a 2023 off the lot.
      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post

Well, when they don't build my 2022, maybe I'll go down to the dealership and buy a 2023 off the lot.
        Yeah I’d probably be looking for the escape hatch in that contract if I were you.

Kind of silly at this point, but depends on your specific deal of course.

Comment

• Update: I’m (probably) going to wait. I can’t find a model in the color and with the features I want. I was pretty comfortable with the decision to purchase. Was going to pay $1k/mo for 36mo without interest, trade in my sedan and take the rest (5-10k) from taxable leaving me investing 33% of my total comp. As it’s not urgent or necessary, I don’t want to compromise on the vehicle, so I think I’ll just watch online and see if the deal is right if I find the right vehicle.

Comment

Working...
          X