Travel Hack Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Hack Question

Booking my honeymoon to Bali and Hong Kong soon, airfare for us will be about 4000. Is it worth signing up for good travel rewards credit card?

Gads, when you travelling/  holidays?

Cathay is probably the best airlines -- One World partner = American Airlines. -- thing about cathay is hard to book awards on them on upgraded cabins because they are pretty stingy -- have to book 365 days ahead on most.

SPG and Ritz have awesome hotels there so those cards are options to get cheaper on points stay and certificates depending on way you go about it.

Comment

Won't be traveling till July 2018

Comment

It kind of depends how you want to get there and how much time you have.

If you are looking to book the trip on credit card points and miles, you need to give yourself at least 6 months to get the card, meet the sign on bonus, get the points into your account, and then make the travel accommodations.  Singapore airlines and Korean airlines are great ways to get there with amex and chase points.

If your question is what is the best card to book that trip on to maximum points on the 4k, the Amex platinum gives 5x on airfare booked through airline.  The Chase Sapphire Reserve card gives 3x on travel purchase of any kind.

Also, 4k for the airfare for 2 seems steep for all the travel deals around lately.  Perhaps that is because you are going to Bali or perhaps it is because you are going in style.

Comment

Booking my honeymoon to Bali and Hong Kong soon, airfare for us will be about 4000. Is it worth signing up for good travel rewards credit card?

At least a cash back card, or something. I'm not a travel hack/points/miles type of person, but I'm a fan of cash back. 2% of 4k buys a nice room service breakfast.

Comment

Booking my honeymoon to Bali and Hong Kong soon

Congratulations on your engagement!
            Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X