No announcement yet.

$1300 for a 8x10ft slab of concrete!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a 2nd bid on the slab…I guess 1300 is what the market is right now ….gulp

Comment

Originally posted by CalMD View Post
      YouTube is your friend. See if 8x10 DIY is worth it. 8x10 is relatively small, but for DIY still back breaking labor. Note in this video, no rebar is used to save cost. Depending on location, be aware of drainage. If next to house/structure, make sure there is a slight slant for rain to drain away from house.

The price is about right though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56eiJJ_FCY
      No, DIY is not worth it

Comment

Update, I’m watching the handyman start building the foundation..it’s probably 90 deg outside. Props to him, he’s pushing 60

Comment

Originally posted by Savedfpdoc View Post
          Update, I’m watching the handyman start building the foundation..it’s probably 90 deg outside. Props to him, he’s pushing 60
          How is he planning on the concrete? Bags in a wheel barrow, a mixer or having a truck bring it in? That is the piece that is time sensitive. If he is doing it himself, might be in your interest to lend a hand.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-03-22 19.46.27.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	4.83 MB
ID:	329672
            Originally posted by burritos View Post

WTH? You're rich. Daughter has been asking for a pool for years, instead, I've put wood chips over our lawn and now grow fruit trees. I tell her to trim the branches for fun.
            Got 5 fruit trees in along with herb and tomatoes on the side

A little bit of resort worth it, right? YOLO.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-03-18 12.48.06.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.46 MB ID:	329671

Comment

Working...
            X