$1300 for a 8x10ft slab of concrete!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1300 for a 8x10ft slab of concrete!!

Handyman quoted me $1300(parts and labor) for this project. Seems high or I’m I just cheap and behind the times?

Seems ok to me. I'm cheap. But also too lazy to get 3 quotes.

Comment

Seems reasonable. Just make sure that he or she is competent. I wouldn’t want someone to have to fix that if it’s not level. Ask me how I know.

Comment

Sounds about right. If you havent gotten quotes on home projects since the pandemic, brace for some sticker shock

Comment

Region probably makes a difference but that sounds about right for here in NYS

Comment

Sounds reasonable.

Comment

I'm not a concrete contractor but that sounds about right for a properly done slab.

Comment

YouTube is your friend. See if 8x10 DIY is worth it. 8x10 is relatively small, but for DIY still back breaking labor. Note in this video, no rebar is used to save cost. Depending on location, be aware of drainage. If next to house/structure, make sure there is a slight slant for rain to drain away from house.

The price is about right though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56eiJJ_FCY

Comment

Depends.
                  https://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete-prices.html
                  A base for a shed, a patio, and a driveway are different projects. Framing, reinforcement, pouring and finishing make a difference.

Do it right the first time. 8x10 is big enough that it will be a pain to dig out when it starts cracking. The problem I have with a handyman approach is what you actually agreed to for $1300.

Comment

Sounds reasonable to me too, maybe even cheap, if all prep work & permits are done for you.

Comment

Cheap for our area. Our full landscape+pool cost ~250k (yes, that's no typo) - just completing .

Comment

Had one a bit larger done 6 months ago. Your price is certainly comparable per sq ft

Comment

The price looks cheap to me comparing to the cost in our area. We have lots of home construction going in our city( yes, median home value has gone up 39% in last 1 year in our area) and its hard to get anyone to do any project. And for the size 8x10 slab the price of $1300 is a steal!

Comment

We just paid $15/sf for a bigger whole home slab floor in HCOL area. 10% cash pay discount offered.

Comment

Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post
                              Cheap for our area. Our full landscape+pool cost ~250k (yes, that's no typo) - just completing .
                              WTH? You're rich. Daughter has been asking for a pool for years, instead, I've put wood chips over our lawn and now grow fruit trees. I tell her to trim the branches for fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X