Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me some pharma rep stories from the good ole days…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me some pharma rep stories from the good ole days…

I’ve heard 20-30 yrs ago pharma reps would take entire offices on cruises etc…anyone willing to share ?

things are are so strange now, corporate says home health company can send me a cupcake but not pharma…weird

Surgical equipment reps.......Trip to Miami.
    Drug reps.... Waterford candlesticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
      Surgical equipment reps.......Trip to Miami.
      Drug reps.... Waterford candlesticks.
      Surgical equipment reps...... Typically business/relationship development and maintenance. Residents and fellows get support which is greatly appreciated primarily for "events" or "gatherings". In exchange info on attendings and opportunities. Got to keep the info network flowing.
      *All food and beverages for a resident's social gathering
      *Funding of some events at a "destination wedding"

Comment

As a resident and the program cheapskate, I took on the role of drug rep liaison (fanning the flames for optimal perks while ensuring the dates matched my call schedule). Lunches of course. Dinners at places that were otherwise unobtainable. Laser tag, paint ball, a conference at the local ski resort (with lift tix).

At the time, I felt like I missed the golden days, but I guess it's relative.

Now, in an ironic twist of fate, they make doctors' lives more difficult by using advertising money directly on the consumers.

Comment

Skiing! Although I really miss the great pens the most.

Comment

Originally posted by StateOfMyHead View Post
            Skiing! Although I really miss the great pens the most.
            I am just now running out of pens.

Comment

Surgical reps would take us on the company’s private jet to their labs to show us the manufacturing process. They would then wine and dine us for a few more hours before jetting us back home, with a bag of paraphernalia (Swiss Army knives, pens, trinkets, pamphlets) in time for dinner with family.

Comment

Recently Jeaveau (newer Botox) threw a party in Cancun and had a bunch of derms and plastic surgeons down:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/15/h...n-jeuveau.html

Comment

Originally posted by Fugue View Post
                  Recently Jeaveau (newer Botox) threw a party in Cancun and had a bunch of derms and plastic surgeons down:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/15/h...n-jeuveau.html
                  Small world. The twitter thread had a post/picture of a plastics guy that was a close friend of my brother.

Comment

I once told a drug rep that more collective good could be done if resources innovating new drugs and were instead used to figure out ways to reduce the costs of already existing drugs. She disagreed. I thought it was illegal for drug reps to disagree with doctors that they are trying to solicit. And in the early 2000's I was told that I was the Forum prescriber of augmentin in The Valley. So beta lactamacase resistance? Yeah, that's me.

Comment

In the early 2000's, a LMWH rep sent me and my wife to Spain, for me to speak at a conference. We were treated to business class, a top notch hotel, and flamenco music and dancing. It was fantastic! The thing is, I didn't even prescribe that brand of LMWH, and I still don't. Around the same era, the rep for LMWH that I do prescribe took a large group of us and the kids to an NSYNC concert, private box, etc. The kids loved it.

Things have really changed since then. I was attending a conference in Amsterdam a few years ago, and I was on the exhibit floor. There were plastic bottles of water in a bin, and all the Europeans were freely taking the bottles. When I came up to take a bottle of water, they asked if I was American. Americans weren't allowed to have any water since they would have to document it as a gift. I went thirsty that afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSoul View Post
                        In the early 2000's, a LMWH rep sent me and my wife to Spain, for me to speak at a conference. We were treated to business class, a top notch hotel, and flamenco music and dancing. It was fantastic! The thing is, I didn't even prescribe that brand of LMWH, and I still don't. Around the same era, the rep for LMWH that I do prescribe took a large group of us and the kids to an NSYNC concert, private box, etc. The kids loved it.

Things have really changed since then. I was attending a conference in Amsterdam a few years ago, and I was on the exhibit floor. There were plastic bottles of water in a bin, and all the Europeans were freely taking the bottles. When I came up to take a bottle of water, they asked if I was American. Americans weren't allowed to have any water since they would have to document it as a gift. I went thirsty that afternoon.
                        LOL!

"ik spreek geen engels!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by OldSoul View Post
                          the rep for LMWH that I do prescribe took a large group of us and the kids to an NSYNC concert,
                          It sounds more like he was punishing you for your past infidelity with the other rep.

Comment

Working...
                          X