Preference for DAF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preference for DAF?

I had an interesting conversation about a donor-advised fund. I have been thinking more about this in light of a back & forth on one of these threads.

Any preference on Fidelity, Schwabb, Vanguard? Anything to consider if my retirement accounts are with Fidelity? Should I use a local organization?

For the simplicity of transferring funds to the DAF, you might want to open one where you already have your taxable brokerage account.

For the lowest fees, Charityvest is the clear winner right now. Perhaps they'll influence the big boys to lower their fees.

There's no reason you can't have both. It's easy to move funds from one to another (and quick if they'll make the grant via and electronic funds transfer).
    I've used DAFs as part of our giving plan for nearly a decade, and all that time, I've kept my eye out for a better donor advised fund. It has arrived!

Comment

It's easiest to transfer assets with large embedded CG within the same company, so that would be my first choice. VG has a higher $ minimum for grants so the others may be preferred for smaller gift giving. PoF is trying a new DAF because of lower fees: https://www.physicianonfire.com/bett...-advised-fund/
      I myself use the Fidelity DAF because most of my accounts are there and I appreciate the convenience of accessing everything from one site.

Comment

Schwab is also easy to use and allows lower grant amounts than vanguard.

Comment

I have my taxable account with Vanguard and tried to open a DAF with Fidelity but had a ************************ of a time so went with Vanguard and it was very smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniGopher View Post
            I had an interesting conversation about a donor-advised fund. I have been thinking more about this in light of a back & forth on one of these threads.

Any preference on Fidelity, Schwabb, Vanguard? Anything to consider if my retirement accounts are with Fidelity? Should I use a local organization?
            Use Fidelity.
            Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

I use Schwabb and I don't have any problems. I also use TD ameritrade so the transfers are pretty easy.

Comment

I have used Fidelity for 15+ years and have been very happy with it.

I have noticed that DAFs are springing up everywhere. My daughter's private university (Tulane) has partnered with Morgan Stanley to offer one. I guess they see a lot of donation money coming from DAFs and want a piece of the action upstream. Pass for me.

Comment

Working...
                X