Portfolio advisory services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio advisory services

Hello I am setting up another trust. I set one up with Charles Schwab and they dedicate about 6 percent to cash. I am not interested in fidelity at all. I am interested in vanguard. They would manage the trust completely. I don't want to be managing the assets. Does anyone have any experience with vanguard portfolio advisory services?

Bump - can anybody help rick43221? I know there are some on this forum who have used this service - please post your experience!
    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

I have talked to them but did not use them. 0.3 AUM I believe.

Comment

I used Vanguard PAS services exclusively for retirement accounts from about 2018 until this year. Fee of 0.3 AUM. They helped me with getting out of some old mutual fund positions [I was mostly Index ETF already] and I was happy with the service. This year I had a new advisor and I realized I was just rebalancing at this point and so I took most of my funds out of PAS.

Now, I just have my Roth IRA under PAS [about 10% of portfolio].

I am self management for the rest but I anticipate I will pay an hourly asset manager for a second opinion every couple of years.

I wouldn't hesitate to use PAS again in the future as it seems like they 'earn all their money in the first year'. However 0.3 AUM for a buy and hold portfolio seems a bit much to me.

Comment

Can you share what funds they use or what funds they might use for a portfolio?

Comment

I have heard Vanguard uses target date funds in their advisory service or life strategy. Surely they all use total stock and total intl; bonds and stocks and throw in a small cap, a rent, and some bond funds. Not knowing for sure but I would bet its a very SIMPLE 5-10 fund portfolio of funds/etfs
            IS IT WORTH .3%?

Comment

The answer is clearly no, however I am setting up a trust and they will manage it. I did use Charles Schwab and they are quite good, actually despite have a cash drag they average 11% per year. I can easily do 10-14% with fidelity zero index funds and for my retirement I would never hire an advisor but for an irrevocable trust I need to use their financial advisor

Comment

Originally posted by rick43221 View Post
                I did use Charles Schwab and they are quite good, actually despite have a cash drag they average 11% per year. I can easily do 10-14% with fidelity zero index funds…
                Scary that you appear to believe that. Otoh, if you’re right, you’re in the wrong profession.
                Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

If you believe you can "easily" return 10-14% per year, then you can be the investment advisor while a corporate entity serves as the administrative trustee. Depending on the terms of the trust, you may be able to do both the administrative and investment work.

Hint: doing 10-14% per year has been easy lately because the markets have been going up. Doing it when the markets go down would be quite an accomplishment. One famous guy claimed to be doing a consistent 12% per year for decades, but he got caught and died in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by rick43221 View Post
                    Can you share what funds they use or what funds they might use for a portfolio?
                    Vanguard PAS gives you a free portfolio review/ financial plan annually if you are Flagship. Anyway, for me they basically recommended a change out of target date funds into a mix of funds that amounts to a percentage allocation to international, large cap, mid cap, small cap. You can judge for yourself, but I don’t personally see any particular advantage to a mix of stock market segment funds over the total market index. There was a reasonable bond allocation as well, I think split between total bond US and total bond int’l., but that is the same as the target date funds.

Comment

Working...
                    X