One spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One spouse?

Just kidding! Saw the one car and could not resist!

Apparently my wife's coworker claims they have 2 husbands in another country and is in the process of trying to divorce them. Do not recommend any more than 1 spouse.

Comment

Naughty, naughty. Sometimes even 1 spouse is 1 too many…
      Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

My opinion is pretty much the same. Number of spouses greater than or equal to yourself. I grew up in a place where you had to have a spouse so that has significantly shaped my opinion. The peace of mind is worth it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
          My opinion is pretty much the same. Number of spouses greater than or equal to yourself. I grew up in a place where you had to have a spouse so that has significantly shaped my opinion. The peace of mind is worth it to me.
          this entire post is very confusing....

Comment

Originally posted by MPMD View Post

this entire post is very confusing....
            It was my exact same post in Nysoz 's thread except I basically replaced 'vehicle' with 'spouse'. I knew it had the potential for a very high miss rate and I wasn't wrong.

Comment

Definitely recommend only one spouse.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
                I knew it had the potential for a very high miss rate and I wasn't wrong.
                But I like that you'll take the shot.
                Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

Comment

What’s next, one house?

Comment

For most on this board, the financially optimal number of spouses is zero.

There may be considerations other than financial ones.

Comment

Seeking.com

Comment

Originally posted by AR View Post

Those married tax brackets are pretty financially helpful.

Comment

hmmm i wonder. I know marriage is not always easy, but my wife is such a huge blessing and without her i would probably do a lot of dumb stuff.

Hard to put a math number on it, but having someone genuinely love my unattractive/ ugly self is remarkable and makes me more productive.

Being lonely pretty much sucks.

That said, one is enough.

You could say the same about any family member…..kids…..dog……mother-in-law.

Behavioral finance is more complicated the just math.

Happy people do better work.
                          Last edited by Tangler; 07-21-2021, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Diversification has it’s benefits I guess. One cannot always pick the long term #1 performing spouse.

Not sure rebalancing would work well, trimming the winners and investing in the losers sounds really difficult.

Non financial considerations are important aren’t they?

Comment

Don't be so closed minded people... "Don't knock it till you try it" as they say.

(Heck I can barely handle 1 girlfriend.)
                              $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

Working...
                              X