Opportunity - should I take it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dayman View Post

I feel like a broken record. But a lot of these advice threads are basically asking "should I do X thing that I don't really want to do, for the reward of a bunch of money I don't really need".

Do you want to "work yourself to the bone and have no life"? If so, go for it. If not, why would you even consider that?
    You've also got to understand that most physicians are very driven people and don't like to be outdone (especially in salary or perceived success) by their peers.

Comment

Only you get to answer that question. A buddy of mine 15 years ago asked me if he should give up his comfortable job and go for big $ opportunity(with twins on the way and the wife with breast CA). I told him to stay put. He ignored me. Went for it. Now he's a host on a singing show probably 10-20x my NW is my guess.

Comment

Thank you for your inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by burritos View Post
          Only you get to answer that question. A buddy of mine 15 years ago asked me if he should give up his comfortable job and go for big $ opportunity(with twins on the way and the wife with breast CA). I told him to stay put. He ignored me. Went for it. Now he's a host on a singing show probably 10-20x my NW is my guess.
          I would probably give up medicine just to make a career out of doing some of the small movie bits he did.

Comment

I mean that's perhaps a unique anecdote..

As with some others unclear how your workload changes exactly. All the interventional cardiologists I know work like dogs already. And make bank..

Comment

Originally posted by dayman View Post

I feel like a broken record. But a lot of these advice threads are basically asking "should I do X thing that I don't really want to do, for the reward of a bunch of money I don't really need".

Do you want to "work yourself to the bone and have no life"? If so, go for it. If not, why would you even consider that?
              This made me chuckle.

Comment

You hear only of the success stories, not the colossal failures. Everyone likes a feel good success story with a happy ending. Who wants to remember about the person who lost his shirt in the market, investing his life's worth in pets.com.

Comment

Dr. Ken Jeong?

Comment

I have three questions

1. You said you are employed , does this mean quiting your employed job?
                    2. How much cash do you need to start up?
                    3. Have you ever run a business, practice or ASC?

Comment

Great advices. I value my free time more than money. I am very blessed to be in my situation.

Comment

I invested in 3 ambulatory surgery centers in the 30 years of my practice. Other than multiple tax advantages that only my CPA appreciated, I only made money on my own surgicenter that I sold with my practice. There is no yellow brick road when you share ownership with a hospital, EVER.

Comment

“Currently, I am employed by the hospital, and I generate way more than what they pay me.”

Even if he doesn’t need the money, he doesn’t need to be a sucker.

However much you want to work, however much you want to earn, there is nothing wrong with wanting to be paid fairly.

Comment

Let this pass by. Keep your life in balance.

Comment

Originally posted by PHANTASOS View Post
                              “Currently, I am employed by the hospital, and I generate way more than what they pay me.”

Even if he doesn’t need the money, he doesn’t need to be a sucker.

However much you want to work, however much you want to earn, there is nothing wrong with wanting to be paid fairly.
                              Can I touch my face yet? I have poison ivy and it’s driving me nuts…
                              Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
                              X