Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molar Mechanic
    replied
    Assuming you are both young, then you'd be a fool to suggest a pre-nup. If spouse is pulling $200k at a young age, then their upside potential is probably a lot higher than yours.

Leave a comment:

• ACN
    replied
    Prenup is for pre marriage assets. You both basically have none.

Leave a comment:

• JBME
    replied
    i don't see why you need a prenup based on what you wrote

Leave a comment:

• Lordosis
    replied
    1-No.
    2-Yes.
    3-Maybe.
    4-Snarky answer.

Got to love on line forums. You get what you pay for I guess...

I vote no. I agree with you that unless there is a large mismatch of assets prior to marriage I do not see the point.

Leave a comment:

• ENT Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Craigslist View Post
    You both are relatively highly paid...if she invests right now, you both may be equal in assets in 10 years if you divorce.
    Corrected.

Leave a comment:

• Craigslist
    replied
    You both are relatively highly paid...if she invests right now, you both may be equal in assets in 10 years when you divorce.

Leave a comment:

• VagabondMD
    replied
    Maybe. Are either of you Walton heirs or descendants of the Kennedy’s or Rockefeller’s?

Leave a comment:

• ENT Doc
    replied
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Panscan
    replied
    No

Leave a comment:

• airwhite
    started a topic Prenup or no prenup?

Prenup or no prenup?

In Cali. Will be getting married in near future. Recently out of training. I make ~400k, SO makes ~200k (non medical field). I have 300k in loans, SO has 0 debt and as a result SO currently has a higher net worth than me Isn't a prenup designed to protect assets prior to marriage? As I understand it, a prenup doesn't stop assets DURING marriage from being divided in half does it? Would it even make sense to look into getting a prenup?
Working...
X