Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just pay 110% of last year until you learn how to calculate taxes

Comment

Thank you for your reply.  How would I determine if I need to make that September 15th payment, or not?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.  How would I determine if I need to make that September 15th payment, or not?

I'm not sure who you were talking to. My answer is you'll have to do a tax projection.
        Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

you are paid by k1. you owe estimated taxes now.

Comment

I had outside.

Comment

Is anyone switching to the High deductible HSA?

Comment

Originally posted by dmaller View Post
                Is anyone switching to the High deductible HSA?
                Would like to get opinion on this?

Comment

Originally posted by laman_dds View Post

Would like to get opinion on this?
                  I am highly considering taking advantage of the HSA until I have kids (even with kids, preventative/routine care is still free so may be worth it?). I am currently healthy and rarely use health care. Plus, preventative things are still free. Benefit: We get free money from SCPMG (I believe they put in $1k into HSA) and we get additional pretax space (potential triple tax free!).

When I did the math, Even in the worst case scenario (something catastrophic happens, requiring heavy use of care that year), the annual deductible until everything becomes free again was not that bad. So even if I spent the max deductibile, one would not lose out on that much money if you take into account what SCPMG gives you in the HSA account. (I forgot the numbers off the top of my head). The nice thing is that you can switch back to the current plan any time you want (i.e. when you start to use health care).

What do others think?

Comment

Hello everyone! I am a new hire at SCMPG and you should see my level of excitement coming across this forum and seeing as to how there are whole threads just for us Kaiser folks. Cool! I will be starting shortly and have not had orientation yet. Any advice/suggestions for me as I get started?

From looking at the forum, it sounds like everyone recommends the 100% Keogh plan. Im seeing the HSA being offered now, that certainly adds a few wrinkles. I may have some questions later but i just wanted to stop by and say hello and see if there were any wise words of advice going into my orientation.

Comment

Hello,

In terms of the new HDHP vs traditional HMO: are there differences in what is covered (in terms of services)? I have some colleagues who were thinking that the traditional HMO "covers more things," since our employer is paying for essentially all the costs of the plan. Would someone be able to elaborate if this is true or not?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                      X