No announcement yet.

Any SCPMG Kaiser physicians on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's nothing complex about the benefits structure imo.
    The biggest decision is how you take the common plan distribution....

Comment

Side question for the Kaiser Docs:

Do you get paid for call on top of your “normal pay”?

If not, how many calls do you have to take per month? And if there is someone out on leave, do you get paid for taking more call?

Thanks in Advance!

If it is in-house call then you will get paid for sure.  If it is pager call, I am not certain.

Comment

Some specialties with a high volume of pager call pay a stipend. Most only pay when you work. Because our base pay drives our pension, it’s better for us to bake that requirement into our base.

Comment

Because our base pay drives our pension, it’s better for us to bake that requirement into our base.

Very interesting! Thanks for filling me in!

Comment

Any recommendations for CPA/tax preparer in the LA area from the SCPMG physicians on here?  So difficult to sift through and determine who is trustworthy and effective.  Appreciate any information.

Comment

I have questions for Kaiser docs.

I have Kaiser Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan II and Kaiser Supplemental Retirement Plan B.  I received a letter from vanguard stating that I am no longer employed by Kaiser and I have to roll over to Roth IRA, IRA, or tax qualified plan.  I am currently working for Kaiser.  However, should I roll this over to my Roth IRA?  Do I have to pay tax when I roll over to my Roth IRA? Can I still do backdoor Roth IRA ($6000) for this year?

Comment

Are you >65? Taking early retirement?
                No do not rollover anything yet.
                Converting to a Roth would most definitely be a taxable event .

Comment

No I am far from retirement.  I don't understand while they sent me this letter.   I am still working for Kaiser.  I am waiting for a call from Vanguard rep.  otherwise, they stated that they would roll over to IRA at Retirement Clearinghouse, LLC automatically by March 1.

Comment

There's a huge mistake then. Just call both parties

Comment

I have these plans since residency and joined Kaiser afterward.

Comment

I have a question for SCPMG partner.  Is it legal to create a non-medical LLC as a SCPMG?  I have some business idea and want to form a LLC.

Comment

Good day fellow SCPMG'ers,
                          I am a new associate full time hire. Just wanted to introduce myself after reading through this thread. I'm at Woodland Hills if anyone wants to nerd out on finance over lunch. I hear there's a SCPMG finance meetup each year so hope to go whenever/wherever it is.
                          Thanks for all you do,
                          BG

Comment

Just vaccinate all those people please. Welcome.

Comment

Hi all,

I had a question about expectations for estimated tax payments that come from transitioning from associate to partner.

For those who transitioned to partner mid-year, (specifically, this month August), when would the first estimated tax payment be due?  Would it be September 15th?

How would we calculate the estimated tax amount?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi all,

I had a question about expectations for estimated tax payments that come from transitioning from associate to partner.

For those who transitioned to partner mid-year, (specifically, this month August), when would the first estimated tax payment be due?  Would it be September 15th?

How would we calculate the estimated tax amount?

Yes, that is the due date. Not enough info to tell if you'd need to make an estimate or not, though. You'll probably want to annualize income on your tax return this yr, though.
                                Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
                                X