ATM Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post
    A simple call/email to your CSR should alleviate this if you show consistent back-to-back draws. Ours used to be $500 per draw / $2000 per day. When we paid our nanny cash - this was a PITA -- until a simple message request to bank to increase--- viola.. draw limit $2000.

ref: chase bank.
    fascinating.....didnt think this could be adjusted on a per user basis. thanks, will try.

Comment

For a long time we were with a bank that had no branch in our current area. I rarely ran into problems with this but when it did come up it was a huge pain. We’re now with a local credit union with a branch about a mile away and it makes it so much nicer having a physical branch so close.

Comment

What's an ATM?

Comment

Wait, you can get more by doing another transaction. My limit is $300/day

Comment

Bank Daily ATM Withdrawal Limit Daily Debit Purchase Limit
            Bank of America $1,500 $5,000
            Capital One $1,000 $5,000
            PNC $500 $2,000 with PIN, $5,000 non-PIN
            Santander $2,500 $9,000
            SunTrust $500 $3,000
            U.S. Bank $500 $1,000
            Wells Fargo $300 $1,500

Comment

Chase is really complicated.
              https://www.mybanktracker.com/checki...-limits-275488

Comment

Originally posted by zlandar View Post
                What's an ATM?
                if only. how do you get cash?

Comment

Originally posted by ACN View Post
                  Debit cards are unsafe. Why would you ever use an ATM? I've never used an ATM in my life, nor do I have a debit card. I drive through and get $1k cash when I need it. Takes less than 5 mins.
                  Umm... maybe when they are not open as in ~120 hours pre week.

Comment

Originally posted by Peds View Post
                    its probably just me, but ATMs feel so antiquated.
                    the main issue: why is there such a low max draw per transaction? is it just the bank or type of ATM i am using?
                    it caps out at 400. i can then re-swipe the card and get another 400, etc. its like dbl swiping at the gas station...why?

i dont need cash that often, but when i do, i usually just pull 1K. 3 swipes....i look like a crazy person trying to hack the machine.

does anyone know an actual reason for this?
                    why 400? and not 300? and not an even 500?
                    sure fraud, but i can put a transaction or daily limit block on my accounts (everyone needs this btw)...
                    are the machines not replenished often enough so this keeps upkeep and complaints at a minimum?

and lastly, dont get me started on you guys that are actually using debit cards for purchases. that just Bogle's my mind....
                    try fixing limit at bank if possible. Lots of things like this are so annoying and dont fix the issue they supposedly exist for. Had to pull teeth to get my mobile deposit caps lifted some years ago.

Comment

its probably just me, but ATMs feel so antiquated.
                      the main issue: why is there such a low max draw per transaction? is it just the bank or type of ATM i am using?
                      it caps out at 400. i can then re-swipe the card and get another 400, etc. its like dbl swiping at the gas station...why?

i dont need cash that often, but when i do, i usually just pull 1K. 3 swipes....i look like a crazy person trying to hack the machine.

does anyone know an actual reason for this?
                      why 400? and not 300? and not an even 500?
                      sure fraud, but i can put a transaction or daily limit block on my accounts (everyone needs this btw)...
                      are the machines not replenished often enough so this keeps upkeep and complaints at a minimum?

and lastly, dont get me started on you guys that are actually using debit cards for purchases. that just Bogle's my mind....
                      Didn’t read all responses so this may have been stated. I think you can change your ATM Max withdraw amount by calling your back or going to branch.

if you get mugged you might want $400...

Comment

I never use cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant View Post
                          Oh you silly antique, banks don't stock cash any more. (ok some still do, but the parental unit was shocked to discover the only branch in the city didn't when getting a cash float for a charity event in '19. The businesses in the mall set up an informal banking exchange. Reverting to western days.)
                          I think this was a COVID thing. Oh, 2019? Never mind. I have never had trouble getting cash at a bank, or ATM for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
                            I never use cash.
                            I have the same $1 bill in my wallet for over a year. losing value due to inflation.

Comment

Our limit is $600/day but I usually get $200 and that lasts me weeks. I like the idea of getting 2% cash back on all purchases with my credit card so use it a lot and of course never carry over. My favorite is using it at the grocery and getting $ off on gas at associated filling station. Got gas yesterday for $0.408 per gallon. Cost me all of $8 for a tank of gas.

Comment

fascinating.....didnt think this could be adjusted on a per user basis. thanks, will try.
                                Check the app/website. I have USAA. On my App, I just checked and can adjust the amount of cash withdrawal, in-store purchase, purchase run as credit and cash advance. I have my limit set at $600 (never really need more), but have the option to go to $5k, but it reverts after 2 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X