Car Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDangerZone View Post

I actually really respect Miata drivers these days. They are very good cars and true enthusiasts on a budget favor them for a reason. They are reliable and loads of fun to toss around. There is some residual stigma as your comment demonstrates, but all in all, I tip my hat to Miata drivers out there living their best lives. That being said, it's just not for me.
    For real. I recently purchased a 2002 Miata, having a ton of fun with it. I honestly drive my 'real' car less than half of the time now. I can only imagine that the new ones, which weigh slightly less and have nearly 30% more power, would be even more of a riot.

Plus, they're freaking gorgeous...especially the 'fixed-roof' RF version.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
      If you REALLY don't care what people think about you, then yes, go with the Miata.
      And don’t care about the safety bulk factor or car seats!

Comment

Originally posted by skuggs13 View Post

LOL i cant imagine a resident rolling in a model 3 and parking next to my attending who drives a honda civic
        I would not really classify M3 like BMW. Total cost of ownership is more similar to Honda, especially if commute is longer. I bike everywhere so not really my place. I would not care if my fellows drove Ferrari and I ride bike. All personal preference.

Comment

I said it in another thread but it deserves repeating here. Our staff drives more expensive cars then the physicians in my practice.

What you drive does not have to correlate with how much you earn. And it might inversely correlate with your wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubicle View Post
            As a Miata owner, I take umbridge with the negative comments.

i like mine. It's a different kind of fun compared to other cars.

You alluded to being a car guy in another thread and now I just have to ask! What’s your garage look like?

I am expecting delivery of a new addition next week to complement my daily driver Golf R.
            Last edited by TheDangerZone; 08-04-2020, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Instead of a Miata, go with a Porsche Boxster. They are excellent vehicles, easy to work on, and bring a huge smile to your face to drive. As a bonus, with folks worried about the IMS issue you can pick one up (even one that has the IMS fix) for close to what a used Miata will cost...and far less than what a new Miata runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Rod View Post
                Instead of a Miata, go with a Porsche Boxster. They are excellent vehicles, easy to work on, and bring a huge smile to your face to drive. As a bonus, with folks worried about the IMS issue you can pick one up (even one that has the IMS fix) for close to what a used Miata will cost...and far less than what a new Miata runs.
                Funny enough, the guy I bought my Miata from sold it because he bought a used Boxster S.

I am expecting delivery of a new addition next week to add to my daily driver Golf R.
                Ah, I see you are a person of culture as well. Golf R is awesome, I wanted one but couldn't find one local; ended up with a CPO S3.
                What's the new addition?

Comment

I had an Acura MDX and I loved it. We also had a Honda Civic for my son to drive, the Si version with a stick and I used to drive it just for fun. The VTEC engine would rev to the sky and it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by NaOH View Post

Funny enough, the guy I bought my Miata from sold it because he bought a used Boxster S.

Ah, I see you are a person of culture as well. Golf R is awesome, I wanted one but couldn't find one local; ended up with a CPO S3.
                    What's the new addition?
                    S3 is a great car, basically a Golf R sibling!

It’s a 1996 911 Carrera 4S. After a long search, I finally found the right one and plan to keep it for a long, long time.

Comment

Frankly it’s embarrassing that the best electric vehicle BMW can offer at a price near the Tesla Model 3 is the anemic i3. The thing just screams EU compliance car. (Screams? Maybe whimpers?)

Comment

It’s a 1996 911 Carrera 4S. After a long search, I finally found the right one and plan to keep it for a long, long time.
                        Nice! Modern classic for sure.

Comment

Welcome - great job. Smart move with either -- my choice would be Acura.

Comment

You alluded to being a car guy in another thread and now I just have to ask! What’s your garage look like?
                            A mess of tools, lumber, dry wall, plumbing pipes, electrical wires, tons of motor oil... 2 cars have garage space, 2 have car ports, 2 are out in the open.
                            $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

Originally posted by Cubicle View Post

A mess of tools, lumber, dry wall, plumbing pipes, electrical wires, tons of motor oil... 2 cars have garage space, 2 have car ports, 2 are out in the open.
                              Living the dream? Dang, I feel like such an ingrate - a few months ago I was over the moon to finally have a third garage space - now I feel like I could still justify a 1 - 2 car shop...

Comment

Originally posted by NaOH View Post

Living the dream? Dang, I feel like such an ingrate - a few months ago I was over the moon to finally have a third garage space - now I feel like I could still justify a 1 - 2 car shop...
                                Planning on building a home on 5 acres of property I own here in a few years. Much more excited about the 40x60 barn/workshop I plan to build there as well, however. Should be able to fit several cars, mowers, and a tractor in there!

Comment

Working...
                                X