IF YOU CAN the pdf by Bernstein ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

Leave a comment:

• kennyt777
    replied
    books by bogle, malkiel and swedroe

Leave a comment:

• Shant
    replied
    ESImoney reviewed one recently that sounded good here: https://esimoney.com/the-top-five-mo...tirees-part-1/

Leave a comment:

• Hatton
    replied
    Originally posted by jz- View Post
    I've finished reading the texts included in WCIConf2020 swag bag.
    Rick Ferri, " The Power of Passive Investing". Outdated. published 2011. Beats the index>active horse to a fault. I found a few gems WRT. trusts.
    Phil Demuth. "The Overtaxed Investor" Loved loved loved this book. published 2020 and includes TCJA and Secure Act provisions. from Warren Buffet--> Demuth, I've incorporated the concept of "internal compounding" to favor growth stocks and avoid tax-inefficient dividends for multi-generational wealth in taxable accounts.
    Harry Sit. "My Financial Toolbox" published 2020. succinct writing style. the gems/words is high.
    I have read the overtaxed investor and the power of passive investing. They are both very good. I guess I need to read My financial Toolbox.

Leave a comment:

• jz-
    replied
    FWIW, old era writings are enlightening to see what prophetry proved true and what has failed.

Leave a comment:

• jz-
    replied
    I've finished reading the texts included in WCIConf2020 swag bag.
    Rick Ferri, " The Power of Passive Investing". Outdated. published 2011. Beats the index>active horse to a fault. I found a few gems WRT. trusts.
    Phil Demuth. "The Overtaxed Investor" Loved loved loved this book. published 2020 and includes TCJA and Secure Act provisions. from Warren Buffet--> Demuth, I've incorporated the concept of "internal compounding" to favor growth stocks and avoid tax-inefficient dividends for multi-generational wealth in taxable accounts.
    Harry Sit. "My Financial Toolbox" published 2020. succinct writing style. the gems/words is high.

Leave a comment:

• CFEonline
    replied
    Originally posted by Peds View Post
    bogleheads guide to retirement planning
    and all the books on their list.

imo a late stage physician just starting to learn about finances needs to still start at the beginning.
    I would agree, but I think focusing too heavily on how important it is to do X, Y, Z, when one has missed that opportunity / done it poorly in the past is defeating and discouraging.

Leave a comment:

• Peds
    replied
    bogleheads guide to retirement planning
    and all the books on their list.

imo a late stage physician just starting to learn about finances needs to still start at the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• Lithium
    replied
    I thought Retire Secure by Lange was very good for discussing withdrawal strategies and estate planning.

Leave a comment:

• VagabondMD
    replied
    William Bernstein books are excellent for all ages and stages. He has one specific book that discusses investing along the life cycle that may be appropriate, but probably not as a first read:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...api_tkin_p1_i8

I read it a few years ago, and it is pretty heavy, IIRC.

The WCI book is excellent, too. It is organized in such a way that a reader can easily skip the chapters and sections that are not applicable (student loans, life insurance, or whatever).

https://www.amazon.com/White-Coat-In...t%2C169&sr=1-2

Leave a comment:

• CFEonline
    started a topic Book Recommendations for late career physicians

Book Recommendations for late career physicians

Looking for recommendations aimed at older / late career physicians who are now having an interest in becoming more financially savvy. I perused the list here, https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/books-4/. Any idea on a good book that doesn't focus too heavily on events that have come and gone (student loans, first house, early lifestyle choices, etc) but would be helpful to those nearing retirement?
Working...
X