Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on No Penalty CD's (especially through Ally Bank)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on No Penalty CD's (especially through Ally Bank)

I was curious if anybody has used a No-Penalty CD before, specifically the one at Ally Bank. I'm a normal Ally Bank customer (have been for years), but given the dropping interest rates, thought maybe utilizing their no-penalty CD could be an option for the money that I'd normally keep in their online savings account so that I could lock in the rate without it dropping further. Has anybody done this or am I making things overly complicated as the amount of money earned in interest will likely be minimal between their online savings account and the CD. I have about 250k in ally now as most of that money is for a house downpayment for the next 6-12 months.

https://www.ally.com/bank/no-penalty-cd/

the no penalty CDs are fine. Just read and understand the terms. If the rate is higher than savings go for it

Comment

The Ally 11 month no penalty CD is paying 1.55%, so a decent deal in the current interest rate environment. I will probably roll over a big chunk of change into that particular CD next month.

Comment

aren't the ally savings account rates at 1.50%? If you want the extra .05% sure, you'll get an extra $125. as WCI says, it's better than a kick in the teeth but that's small potatoes on your 250k down payment fund

Comment

Working...
        X