No announcement yet.

HSA Tax Question

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jfoxcpacfp

    1. You should get a 1099-SA that shows zero in the distributions box.

    2. Filling out Form 8889 in TT or some other online program should carry the correct amount of deduction to the proper line on Form 1040. This is assuming you met all other qualifications.

    Leave a comment:

  • scurry
    started a topic HSA Tax Question

    HSA Tax Question

    I contributed $6,750 for a family HSA in 2016. We did not use any of these funds on medical expenses (distributions). Because of this, I assume I will not get a form 1099-SA, correct?

    Also, in order to get the full $6,750 deduction on my personal taxes, do I simply fill out Form 8889 and enter $6,750 on Form 1040, line 25? Or is there something else I need to do in order to get the full deduction?

    Thanks in advance!