Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Physicians, what is your current house market value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
    Yikes!
    Now you know why Texas has a problem with open borders. Two of my wife’s long term friends and a nephew were making arrangements to pickup “kids” getting out of prison. The reach of the cartels is deep.

Comment

Probably I am the only one here who has a house that is worth LESS than we we paid to build it. I had no idea what my house is worth so I looked it up on Zillow and it shows it being 300K less than what we paid to have it built. They are estimating it like a cookie cutter tract builder house. Luckily I built it to live and not sell.

Comment

We bought our house years ago, I really dont know how much it is worth and for me it doesn't matter. We plan on living there mortgage free for the foreseeable future.

A neighbor sold their house about two years ago, after living there since 2004, they got just a little less than they paid for it. I think they thought housing prices would keep going up forever back in 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Now you know why Texas has a problem with open borders. Two of my wife’s long term friends and a nephew were making arrangements to pickup “kids” getting out of prison. The reach of the cartels is deep.
          I am so confused. I don’t know what this has to do wideopenspace’s brother with questionable judgement and also don’t know what you’re referencing with Texas, kids, prison time and cartels.

Comment

I'm in a locally hot area though nationally it's not that desirable. Had a neighbor buy what I thought was an overpriced house in 2018 for $1.6m. They put it on sale 10 days ago for $2.4m and I thought it would take awhile to sell. It sold the next day. Not sure of the final price but I'm sure $2.4m at minimum. geez. 12.5% return per year for 4 years is pretty good

Comment

Bought our house for $400k in 2017 with 20% down. Zillow and Redfin show a current value of $560k and Realtor shows $525k. We've put in $20k-$25k worth of upgrades outside of maintenance since then. We've been itching for a change of scenery too...

Comment

Originally posted by TheDangerZone View Post

I am so confused. I don’t know what this has to do wideopenspace’s brother with questionable judgement and also don’t know what you’re referencing with Texas, kids, prison time and cartels.
                She is from Texas. Many parts of life in Texas have a much larger exposure to problems raised from the Cartels and illegal activities. Just demographics.
                One of the reasons she will never move back.

Comment

Originally posted by JBME View Post
                  I'm in a locally hot area though nationally it's not that desirable. Had a neighbor buy what I thought was an overpriced house in 2018 for $1.6m. They put it on sale 10 days ago for $2.4m and I thought it would take awhile to sell. It sold the next day. Not sure of the final price but I'm sure $2.4m at minimum. geez. 12.5% return per year for 4 years is pretty good
                  It would be...except it's 10.7%.

And that's not even including realtor fees, closing costs, interest, taxes, insurance, upgrades/capital investments, etc.

Be careful calculating "returns" for primary residence.

Comment

Bought for $525k in 2019, Zillow supposedly has it at $1M. Our market has been one of, if not THE hottest real estate market over the past couple years and our neighborhood in particular seems to have drawn a lot of California money so it’s not entirely off base.

Completely insane.
                    Our house is a 60 year old 1800 sqft 3/2 in a reasonably safe but otherwise unremarkable part of town 20 min from downtown. It needs some elbow grease but totally feels like an appropriate starter home.

We both come from extremely fortunate backgrounds. The down payment was a gift, she has no loans and mine are relatively low. We also get lots of other financial support. That’s the only reason we were able to buy in the first place. It truly makes me sad that this is out of reach for 90% of households our age, and definitely for most residents in this metro.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuratz View Post
                      Bought for $525k in 2019, Zillow supposedly has it at $1M. Our market has been one of, if not THE hottest real estate market over the past couple years and our neighborhood in particular seems to have drawn a lot of California money so it’s not entirely off base.

Completely insane.
                      Our house is a 60 year old 1800 sqft 3/2 in a reasonably safe but otherwise unremarkable part of town 20 min from downtown. It needs some elbow grease but totally feels like an appropriate starter home.

We both come from extremely fortunate backgrounds. The down payment was a gift, she has no loans and mine are relatively low. We also get lots of other financial support. That’s the only reason we were able to buy in the first place. It truly makes me sad that this is out of reach for 90% of households our age, and definitely for most residents in this metro.
                      This is the sentiment across the country.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	d6c879ffa3d044f8.jpg?w=720&h=540.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	325799

Comment

That a Prius?

Comment

I used to call this place my million dollar shack but the $2 million dollar shack doesn't have quite the same ring.

Comment

Originally posted by bovie View Post
                            That a Prius?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaSKfHnXGK7TtgG6KEfUb2z7VLkFZMnYCjgQ&usqp=CAU.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	325804
                            I sense a trend

Comment

Working...
                            X