How big is this mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kamban View Post
    The house prices are what they are. I don't think you overpaid too much.

What I am concerned about is why are you underpaid so much. $215K for a physician is very low.
    Yep, agree! Time to find ways to up that salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post
      The house prices are what they are. I don't think you overpaid too much.

What I am concerned about is why are you underpaid so much. $215K for a physician is very low.
      family medicine/urgent care. only working 3 days a week, 12 hr shifts. chose lifestyle over pay since i graduated residency with no debt. However still take OT shifts and surveys and telemed on the side.

my nerves went down after seeing your responses thanks.

Comment

You are going through normal home buying jitters/buyers remorse. You are fine and don’t worry. Totally understand lifestyle over making big bucks. This house price is perfect for your salary. Sleep easy!

Comment

this is probably fine

Comment

I agree that numbers seem fine…. However the glaring mistake to me is waiving the inspection… but what’s done is done. Just be sure to have money ready for emergency fund. 4k is not enough IMO

Comment

Ah, I remember that 1st home anxiety well. And it all worked out just fine. I was so anxious about the jump in housing expense that I cut my own lawn and did all my own home repairs for the first few years. Now I have all the best home repair guys on speed dial, hah!

You purchased at a reasonable price point, around the US median. Assuming you stay for a while, it is highly likely that this will work out just fine. The fact that the house appraised means that the appraiser was able to find similar homes that recently closed for a similar price.

Sleep well and enjoy your spacious new home and yard!

Comment

Originally posted by White.Beard.Doc View Post
                Ah, I remember that 1st home anxiety well. And it all worked out just fine. I was so anxious about the jump in housing expense that I cut my own lawn and did all my own home repairs for the first few years. Now I have all the best home repair guys on speed dial, hah!

You purchased at a reasonable price point, around the US median. Assuming you stay for a while, it is highly likely that this will work out just fine. The fact that the house appraised means that the appraiser was able to find similar homes that recently closed for a similar price.

Sleep well and enjoy your spacious new home and yard!
                That’s funny - I did the same. I laugh now at the summers I spent dutifully restaining my large deck, one third of the area per year, a full restaining every three. Took up a big chunk of my summer weekends for years! 😀
                My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFF...MwBiAAKd5N8qPg

Comment

Originally posted by Antares View Post

That’s funny - I did the same. I laugh now at the summers I spent dutifully restaining my large deck, one third of the area per year, a full restaining every three. Took up a big chunk of my summer weekends for years! 😀
                  Since YouTube came around, my tendency is to overestimate my skills and underestimate the time it takes for me to accomplish a task. An “unskilled craftsman” like myself takes a long time and seems to a week instead of the 2 minute videos. Sometimes it actually turns out better than a pro. News flash, a pro finishes the job rather than being obsessed with some minor details. That kills me every time.

Comment

Made the mistake(?) of looking at Zillow for recently sold properties in my area in the last 30 days. Sure there are those that sold for 10,20k above listing. But some were at listing or even a little bit below. Quadruple guessing myself again.

Comment

Originally posted by MRF View Post
                      Made the mistake(?) of looking at Zillow for recently sold properties in my area in the last 30 days. Sure there are those that sold for 10,20k above listing. But some were at listing or even a little bit below. Quadruple guessing myself again.
                      Life is short, focus on getting on with it.

This will seem like nothing in a few years.

Promise! With inflation……..who knows you might sell for a huge gain.

I “lost” more that the cost of the house in the market since Jan 1, (not selling so won’t really lose…..i hope!)

Comment

Also overbid on first house, beating 5 other offers, 2+ years ago. We did not waive inspection, but said we would not pull out of deal for anything found in inspection <10k to fix. It is nice to go through the house with the inspector to point out all the pipes, water shutoffs etc.
                        You are not alone in the second-guessing game. There will always be another house that pops up on zillow that you will like better than your house. My suggestion, delete those real estate apps!
                        Sounds like you got a great house. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                        X