Current mortgage rates - post quotes here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current mortgage rates - post quotes here

I wanted to start a post to take harness the collective knowledge of the WCI network where those getting mortgage quotes can share the details to help others. I see many threads asking about current mortgage rates and I think it would be beneficial to have this information in one place. Please post any recent mortgage quotes you have gotten.

Please include
    -Lender
    -Type (physician loan, jumbo, conventional)
    -Mortgage length
    -% down
    -Interest rate
    -if possible APR and any known fees
    -Any other details - for example, a reduced rate for having an account at the bank

I'm planning to refinance. Current rate that we got back in 2013 is 3.375% for a 30-year fixed jumbo

Flagstar, jumbo, 30-year fixed, 2.5%. no % down as this is a refinance. Total lender fees at closing are $1295 ($550 processing and $745 for underwriting but there's a ~$1500 credit. Appraisal is typically $485. Everything else is based on the tile company you select, transfer taxes, annual premium of insurance, and establishing escrows if you prefer including this in your payment. They claimed the 2.5% rate would be higher if it was a conventional loan or a 15- or 20-year. No pre-payment penalities, which I need because I'm not holding this for yet another 30 years

LenderOne quote I have submitted an app but waiting for a response

Comment

1st Source - Refinance - 80%
      2.125%
      15 year fixed
      1k payout at closing

Similar rates at Better, Rockbottom, ect. Basically depended on credits at closing.

Comment

I am refinancing. Looked at several lenders but decided on my credit union for ease of use. Happens to be NFCU. I have locked a rate sheet, so rate cannot go up but can go down. By rate sheet the lender means I can decide up to a week before closing if I want 3.0% and one point up to 3.25% with no points on a 30 year loan. (They offer 0.75% less on rate if already have a loan with them - so starting at 2.25%.) Conventional loan, no money down, no appraisal, many waived fees. I'm in MD, so there will be transfer taxes that I will roll into the loan.

There are a number of online lenders out there that appeared to have better rates -see above- but NFCU keeps the mortgage, and I like have the service within my current banking structure. I'm sure many just want the cheapest mortgage, and that seems fine too.
        Last edited by Larry Ragman; 01-08-2021, 02:00 AM.

Comment

20 year fixed refi at 2.25% with NASB. Mortgage is 40% of property value.

Comment

Bogleheads also has a refinance rate thread going. You'll get some answers here but this will help give you more data points.

Refinance Mega Thread - Page 183 - Bogleheads.org

Comment

Originally posted by JBME View Post
              I'm planning to refinance. Current rate that we got back in 2013 is 3.375% for a 30-year fixed jumbo

Flagstar, jumbo, 30-year fixed, 2.5%. no % down as this is a refinance. Total lender fees at closing are $1295 ($550 processing and $745 for underwriting but there's a ~$1500 credit. Appraisal is typically $485. Everything else is based on the tile company you select, transfer taxes, annual premium of insurance, and establishing escrows if you prefer including this in your payment. They claimed the 2.5% rate would be higher if it was a conventional loan or a 15- or 20-year. No pre-payment penalities, which I need because I'm not holding this for yet another 30 years

LenderOne quote I have submitted an app but waiting for a response
              Who is your contact at Flagstar? Thanks!!

Comment

2.175% 15 year fixed, with cash out to 75% of assessed property value, 1.5K for closing costs. Small local bank, pushed them back about 1/8% upon getting a couple of competitive quotes. Closed late November. Did the 0.5% extra fee go into effect, anyone who's looking to close this year?

Comment

Just used Better. 2.25% for 15 year with a $300 credit. 1000 closing costs, waived appraisal. Closed me in 2 weeks, which saves me $$ in interest and another payment. Compared rates vs amerisave, quicken, royal mortgage. Great experience and recommend.

Comment

3.125%, 30 year, 0 down Doctor loan. Closing costs were 4k. Local bank. This was my second doctor loan on my second house. Basically I wasn't obligated to sell my old house if I didn't want to.

Comment

Refi with Loan Depot. 15 year fixed @ 1.99. Appraisal waved (had refinanced in 4/20). $3,378 lender closing credit for $0 cost to close other than prepaying escrow.

Comment

Originally posted by HopHunter86 View Post
                        Refi with Loan Depot. 15 year fixed @ 1.99. Appraisal waved (had refinanced in 4/20). $3,378 lender closing credit for $0 cost to close other than prepaying escrow.
                        Wow, impressive. Haven't seen anyone at below 2% APR yet. When was this second round of refinancing? Again did you or anyone else get the new 0.5% "pandemic" surcharge for Fannie/Freddy backed mortgages that has been spoken widely about?

Comment

Wow, impressive. Haven't seen anyone at below 2% APR yet. When was this second round of refinancing? Again did you or anyone else get the new 0.5% "pandemic" surcharge for Fannie/Freddy backed mortgages that has been spoken widely about?
                          I didn’t see any 0.5% surcharge, but I wasn’t looking. I locked 2 weeks ago with Better. Saw rates (not sure of APR) as low as 1.75% on a 15 year refi. I choose 2.25% for my situation because I wanted a no cost closing that didn’t put tons of additional money on top of my mortgage, and that would result in lowest remaining principle on loan in 3-5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Marko-ER View Post

Rate locked on 1/6/21. I am not aware of this surcharge but closing not for 4 weeks so hopefully won’t be surprised by it last minute.

Comment

Was there a big jump in rates? I was seeing 2.375 without points and now it's 2.75 w/o.

Comment

Working...
                              X