Homeowners insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeowners insurance

We've finally reached the point to switch our construction loan to a mortgage. Now I have to apply for homeowners insurance. I use Geico for auto, which has been fine. Anyone have any recommendations on who to use?

Thanks!

geico.

Comment

Chubb.

Comment

Who has the best commercials?

Comment

The replacement value of the home will probably be a factor. Get multiple estimates. $1m is the approximate threshold. Keep in mind, your cost is not replacement cost. Plywood and lumber have gone up 50-25% respectively. Custom build will not likely be adequately cover in a standard policy. The risk is under insuring you trigger co-insurance. You pay the deductible and your share of the loss. The article below may be helpful. Chubb, Pure and AIG are I am familiar with.

https://www.thezebra.com/homeowners-...lue-insurance/

Comment

USAA if eligible. Chubb was good back when they were independent. Amica seems to be decent.

Comment

I went from Amica to Geico. I was happy with Amica but Geico had much better prices for my situation.

Comment

Thanks all

That article is very helpful Tim .

Comment

Erie insurance if available. Super happy with my agent. Message me if you want more info!

Comment

Working...
                  X