Recommended books for home buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended books for home buying

Any books you found particularly helpful?

I never read a book about it. But if I may ask, any aspect in particular? Inspections & what to look for? Or the financials? Or flipping? Or anything & everything?
    $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

There is an abundance of material on the web about buying real estate. Might want to start with Bigger Pockets. I don't think it would be a valuable use of time to read a whole book about buying your own residence. You can find a lot of advice on this forum for that. Use a good home inspector (my fireman son does that, also, if you're near Nashville!)
      Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

I would suggest "zillow talk" if you want to review data on home values, when to buy/sell.

Comment

I used to read magazines before there were good property forums/message boards.

Now there are some great podcasts on people’s first home buying experiences. I listened to one today.

Consider asking your father, mother or family member, if they have experience in home buying, to help you out navigating the first real estate buying experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubicle View Post
            I never read a book about it. But if I may ask, any aspect in particular? Inspections & what to look for? Or the financials? Or flipping? Or anything & everything?
            I suppose a few aspects
            - mostly details of the process of purchasing a house, especially if trying to go without a real estate agent, so as not to miss an important step, leave an important clause out of sale and purchase agreement, etc
            - also details of home inspection/appraisal, what to look out for and how to identify problems with a particular house

I'll try sleuthing around some of these forums and see.

Comment

Before I bought my first house I read Home Buying for Dummies. Taught me what I needed to know about how to look for and purchase a home. If you're new to home buying would be a good place to start, and may help you decide if you should use a real estate agent or not.

Comment

Working...
              X