Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will coronavirus affect the housing market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaqen Haghar MD View Post
    As someone who recently bought a house, I now fully expect housing prices to go to $0 shortly.
    Don't you worry. I'll give you a standing offer of $1,000. You just let me know.

Leave a comment:

• ENT Doc
    replied
    I think the Spring housing rush is an interesting question/point. I'm not sure how jazzed I'd be about random people coming in and out of my house or having open houses for dozens to walk through. No thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    •Don’t try to time the stock market
    •Don’t try to time the interest rate
    •Don’t try to time the housing market
    Buy what you need and can comfortably afford.
    Carryon. Good luck house hunting.

Leave a comment:

• Jaqen Haghar MD
    replied
    As someone who recently bought a house, I now fully expect housing prices to go to $0 shortly.

Leave a comment:

• Doc Spouse
    replied
    Good question, and one that's been weighing on me and my wife. We're planning on putting our house on the market in May; so I'll be able to give an real world update soon.

Leave a comment:

• Peds
    replied
    As long as everything slightly crumbles we will be happy as trying to buy a house in the next 12 months.

Leave a comment:

• Jack_Sparrow
    replied
    I predict half the people will go crazy and think the world is ending. I think the other half will try to jump in an swoop up a nice deal from panic selling. I think most people will hold off on selling their homes on the market creating a glut which will drive up housing prices, which people can now afford more house.

Leave a comment:

• JK
    started a topic How will coronavirus affect the housing market?

How will coronavirus affect the housing market?

The stock market has already been impacted by the coronavirus and mortgage rates have dropped significantly. I'm just curious people's thoughts as to what extent this will affect the housing market? Specifically...

-How low will mortgage rates go?
    -Will housing prices go down due to fear/panic or go instead go up as people can get access to better mortgage rates? Will this be different for homes in the 300-500k range, the 500k-1million range and 1million+ range?
    -Will there be fewer houses on the market due to concerns that people can't afford any more change in their lives (such as moving) or will there be more houses (if people can no longer afford their homes due to job loss or morbidly, if a lot of people die from this virus)?
    -Will the spring housing "hot market" gets postponed...and if so, for how long? Will the summer months become the new spring season?
Working...
X