Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts/experience with OnCall Advisors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts/experience with OnCall Advisors?

I am in my third and final year of residency and I recently applied for disability insurance through OnCall Advisors. I chose a Guardian own-occupation plan and am in the process of doing the required medial stuff.

Anyone had experience with OnCall Advisors? Would I get the same/similar quotes from Guardian/Principal/etc regardless of what insurance agent I go through (based on where I am in residency and my current health status)?

I am confident my plan is solid, but I know the real value, as far as individual disability insurance is concerned, is the lifetime guidance and counsel one receives throughout their working years and at claim time.

Thanks

Keep in mind that if you are applying under Guardian's "Beginning Professional" Limits available to Residents/Fellows/New In Practice Physicians, you do not need to do an exam, blood test or urine test.

However, if you do, you may qualify for an additional 5% savings in the event you meet their "preferred" underwriting criteria. If you know that you won't, there is no advantage in doing the labs.

As an agent, I have not had any personal experience with OnCall Adviosrs but can tell you that short of one agent knowing about a discount compared to another, if the parameters of the plan you are purchasing are the same, the premium rates will be identical as they are regulated by each state.

Comment

Great! Thank you. I will look in to the exam requirement.

Comment

Working...
      X