Health insurance locums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lithium View Post

Don’t you have to work at least 20 hours a week for that?

My ACA insurance is just under $300 a month right now. The math may be more favorable for you, but I don’t want to spend much time serving lattes at $15 an hour just for that.
    Yeah I'm 100% sure I'd rather work 15 hours a month for $150 per hour and just pay my health care premiums out of pocket than work 20 hours a week at SBUX for the "free" health insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREshrink View Post

Yeah I'm 100% sure I'd rather work 15 hours a month for $150 per hour and just pay my health care premiums out of pocket than work 20 hours a week at SBUX for the "free" health insurance.
      I haven't been working all that long, but the late phone calls/operations, operating on super obese patients, 'expected' complications, tend to wear you down. After FI, I've thought to myself while I'm elbow deep torquing my back in a funny way to get a stitch in a BMI 60 patient with perforated something or other at 2 am, 'why?'.

During those cases, serving lattes at $15/hr sounds like the dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Nysoz View Post

I haven't been working all that long, but the late phone calls/operations, operating on super obese patients, 'expected' complications, tend to wear you down. After FI, I've thought to myself while I'm elbow deep torquing my back in a funny way to get a stitch in a BMI 60 patient with perforated something or other at 2 am, 'why?'.

You could become an urgent care doc with no additional training, think of the fun you could have refusing opioid rxs for sprained pinkies and prescribing amoxicillin for ear infections!

Comment

Lol, lower me into the obese person any day before dealing with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nysoz View Post

Yeah my wife always ask me "why don't you let one of the kids cut the grass, instead of you doing it?". For me, its almost therapeutic because I can turn my brain off for awhile and just mow the grass. Most non-physicians have no idea how exhausting it can be using your mind all day long dealing with complex medical disease (and pt emotions).

Comment

Originally posted by Eye3md View Post

Yeah my wife always ask me "why don't you let one of the kids cut the grass, instead of you doing it?". For me, its almost therapeutic because I can turn my brain off for awhile and just mow the grass. Most non-physicians have no idea how exhausting it can be using your mind all day long dealing with complex medical disease (and pt emotions).
              If your kids can learn to mow and be responsible and not tear things up (I have a great personal story there lol), this is far more valuable, impo, and very good therapy on its own.
              Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Originally posted by FIREshrink View Post

You could become an urgent care doc with no additional training, think of the fun you could have refusing opioid rxs for sprained pinkies and prescribing amoxicillin for ear infections!
                How could you ever forget the unnecessary Z-Pack?

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

How could you ever forget the unnecessary Z-Pack?
                  Don’t they work? I’ve had many Z-packs over the years. Or am I being dense?
                  Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Originally posted by jfoxcpacfp View Post

Don’t they work? I’ve had many Z-packs over the years. Or am I being dense?
                    Not for viral upper respiratory infections or anything else viral. Docs are notorious for giving them out for every cough. The cough is typically going to last a week or two regardless and by the time they finish taking the Z-Pack the cough is getting better which it would have anyway without the Z-Pack. It’s a by-product of the doc assuming the patient wants something done and won’t be happy with ‘it’ll get better on its own’.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Not for viral upper respiratory infections or anything else viral. Docs are notorious for giving them out for every cough. The cough is typically going to last a week or two regardless and by the time they finish taking the Z-Pack the cough is getting better which it would have anyway without the Z-Pack. It’s a by-product of the doc assuming the patient wants something done and won’t be happy with ‘it’ll get better on its own’.
                      Most telemedicine sites have rules prohibiting prescriptions like zpack unless specific rules are met and you are flagged on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X