Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disability - Residual and/or Partial DI Riders

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide if a partial/resiidual disability rider is worthwhile.  I'm a 35yo M w/o any known medical issues.
    1) It seems that the two terms are interchangeable, is that true?  How should they be distinguished?
    2) What are your thoughts?  I've heard mixed things.

Thanks,

They function about the same in that if you are working at a partial pace (something less than pre-disability) or you have a loss of income due to your illness or accident.

Partial feature helps make up your reduced income when a disability happens.  Here are a few examples where you could be working, but have
    reduced income as a result of your disability:
    You need to reduce your hours to below what you were working.
    It takes you longer or simply can't do all of your pre-disability duties (long procedures or can't help transfer patients as examples)
    You’ve recovered from your disability and are back working full time, but need time to rebuild your client base and regain your referrals from other physicians

My opinion is this feature is NOT an option for a quality contract otherwise if you are hurt or sick and making 20% or greater than you were pre-disability then you are not on claim.

Let me know if we can help further.
    Scott Nelson-Archer, CLU, ChFC
    303-953-0263 Direct / [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X