This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonds or whole life

I am thinking of whole life in place of bonds in my 401k(50% bonds, 50% stocks). If I put 250k in bonds, that's all I will have but if I put 250k in whole life, I will also have 3x insurance protection. Is there some wrong in this thinking?

oh my.

Comment

Uh, yeah, bonds will return a whole lot more than a whole life policy will.  Bonds have expected returns, WLI has expected losses.

Comment

Never mix investing and insurance...especially whole life insurance.

Comment

If you want return on your death buy term life insurance.

Dont mix investing and insuring.

Comment

oh sure! look at the amount of replies in 5 min. No real help with my IUL situation but ask about bashing whole life, everyone chimes in.

Comment

Ummm, help with your IUL situation? What is your profession, if you don't mind my asking?
              Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Not a doctor. if that disqualifies me from seeking advice, sorry.

Comment

Nope, it doesn't disqualify you. With all due respect, I just wondered because your knee-jerk response seemed a little irrational to me.
                  Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Around here, “(blank) vs whole life?” will always get you (blank) as the answer. I certainly understand the attraction to whole life, but in most cases, like this one, it is not the solution.

Comment

When you have a movement against permanent life insurance like this, people expect help. All you do tell us to dump our policies and buy term. Do you know how tough it is to make the decision to dump and lose?

Comment

Irrational? and you want to tie that state of mind to a particular profession?

Comment

When you have a movement against permanent life insurance like this, people expect help. All you do tell us to dump our policies and buy term. Do you know how tough it is to make the decision to dump and lose?

You got your answer about IUL in the previous thread: cut your losses and drop it. What more do you want?

Comment

To be fair, your original post was on Christmas Eve, and the board doesn't seem to be as active as usual during this time of year.

Comment

Nope, it doesn’t disqualify you. With all due respect, I just wondered because your knee-jerk response seemed a little irrational to me.

oh! you think I am an insurance agent? You are nuts!

Comment

Working...
                              X