This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Proper Networth and Debt Survey

So last survey was well attended but underwhelming in data points. I made this one

https://goo.gl/forms/fOivauTOT09fp1Zw2

1. I believe in open source so data, while anonymous, will be open to all. Once you hit submit button you can see all responses and their statistics [PLEASE HIT SEE ALL PREVIOUS RESPONSE BUTTON] (mostly in histogram form).

[CSV can be viewed at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-xAfqYLcXcwV7WmD24bCIxTvOWmvmcuJRe3uNokvvcI/edit#gid=1644299377]

2. Please let me know what to change/edit.

3. Appreciate all the survey takers.

Commence submissions!

(Check out sample prelim analysis of 1. Income vs NW by Age and 2. Distribution of income per specialty; interested? Fill the survey out)

Thanks C_N.  I am retired so yearly practice income will be zero I guess?  Also, some have commented on it but yearly income can vary quite widely over years in practice.  So just put average?  Someone also commented that 'years in practice' or 'years as an attending' (for those of us who did 8 years of post-grad!) might by useful.

Comment

Thanks C_N.  I am retired so yearly practice income will be zero I guess?  Also, some have commented on it but yearly income can vary quite widely over years in practice.  So just put average?  Someone also commented that ‘years in practice’ or ‘years as an attending’ (for those of us who did 8 years of post-grad!) might by useful.

1. Practice income is zero, but the income tab on the form cares about AGI (even if retired, would have some "income" from retirement accounts no?) Correct me if I'm using this wrong/other suggestions.

2. Yes average income will have to do otherwise hard to collect survey data and too many radio buttons

3. I will put in years as an attending. (Those who submitted already, if kind enough, can input that would be awesome).

Comment

How does one modify prior response (and see the responses, rather than being directed to fill out another form)?

Comment

Once you submit it it should give you this screen (see attachment). If you move away from the browser then yea its lost unfortunately( there is a way to keep the state persistent but then you'dhave to log into google etc and it becomes annoying). Its ok, resubmit.

Comment

Oh and once you submit the form please hit "SEE PREVIOUS RESPONSES" to see statistics.

Once this reaches a good 400 response rate I'll share the open numerical data on this thread [so far 10 responses...keep 'em  coming!...doing this later CSV share to prevent inadvertant data tinkering from public]

Comment

Social security benefits input as monthly?

Well done.

I am looking forward to seeing the results.

Maybe @WCI could send it along with his April 1 newsletter.

Comment

+1

Pension as lump sum put in "other"?

Comment

Well done.

I am looking forward to seeing the results.

Maybe @WCI could send it along with his April 1 newsletter.

Yea monthly since people often think about it monthly (added wording for clarity). Should I have done it yearly Vagabond?

Everyone: please let me know if there are changes/improvement. I kept it like that what I thought would be interesting data points. I could have added more but thought it'd be long and people lose interest.

Comment

Click to expand…

+1

Pension as lump sum put in “other”?

Monthly. Yes in other is good.

Comment

Good form.  When will we see the results?  Did you mean SS value at 70.  I assumed so.

Comment

Good form.  When will we see the results?  Did you mean SS value at 70.  I assumed so.

Hatton you can see the results as soon as you submit. See the attachment above - you will get a link that shows "see previous responses" when you hit that all the results in histogram format would be visible.

I will addend the SS value to say at 70 (thats what I meant)

Final CSV will be available when "reasonable" sample size is achieved (for example, right now the survey WCI put has 500! responses...I think we should all aim for that but I'm ok with 300 or so - thats enough sample to generalize TBH)

Comment

I submitted it but did not notice that attachment.  I can do it again but it would mess up your numbers

Comment

Can you combine all the variations of anesthesia/anesthesiology and such?

I am guessing once you have all the data points you want this can be presented in a way to see income and debt data by age, specialty and such?

Also, I would specify SS income more...at what age? Future $ I am assuming?

Comment

I submitted it but did not notice that attachment.  I can do it again but it would mess up your numbers

Yea there is a link after you submit (3 links actually, but first one says "see all responses" which will get you to all data as histogram uptil then).

Dont want you to be unhappy : ) So I am attaching what I see so far (30 responses...keep them coming...lets get to 500!). Interesting trends and data already developing!

Comment

Working...
                              X