Predictions: Will 2018 TurboTax be able to handle pass through deduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions: Will 2018 TurboTax be able to handle pass through deduction

I wonder if I am now doing my taxes on turbo tax for the last time. Too bad, gotten pretty good at handling Backdoor Roth, self employed health premiums, etc.

I still confused about what part of my income is eligible for the deduction, hard to imagine TT will handle it perfectly.

Intuit are masters of revenue maximization. So, of course they'll create a new tier called ultra-premium with pass-through deduction, and charge $50 more for it.

Then due to the late arriving final IRS forms, they'll tell you to print out whatever new IRS form arrives. The following year they'll make it "interview style" and obscure some crucial details from the IRS forms. That's what they did when my state started a business income deduction.

Comment

It is their business. I can't imagine them not being able to handle it.

I'm sure they already have a project plan, if not tax lawyers, accounts and a software team already working on it and/or scheduled to be assigned.

Comment

yes

Comment

They better.  Doing TT right now and all these cashouts from 2017 coming back to haunt me.  Should have pushed more into DAF

Comment

WCI tutorial on 2018 pass through deduction TurboTax pretty please.

Comment

don't hold your breath. Far as I can tell the product doesn't yet handle it correctly. Expect updates over the next 4-6 weeks. I don't think you'll have to buy a special edition or anything for it to work right.

Comment

I DIY my taxes with TaxAct, but periodically (yikes, it’s been 10 years) double check myself with a professional. This might be one of those years if I am not comfortable once I see the implementation.

Comment

I'm sure I'll have it ready to run about the third week of April.
                  Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Working...
                  X