Fire Your Financial Advisor Course Now Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Your Financial Advisor Course Now Live

I know there are a few people on the forum who don't read the blog regularly. I wanted to make sure you all knew that the WCI Online Course "Fire Your Financial Advisor" is now live and available for purchase. For the next ten days, it will be available for 20% off to the WCI community before I start marketing it outside the community.

It is designed to fill the gap between those who are hobbyists and love to spend time reading blogs and books and participating on forums and people who want a full service financial advisor. It's for the person who wants to be a do-it-yourselfer, but doesn't have the knowledge or confidence to do it yet. It isn't that there is some secret information in the course that cannot be found somewhere on the blog, the podcasts, the book, the newsletters, or this forum. But the course distills the information down to its essence and is designed to save the student their most valuable commodity- their time. It presents the most important information in a logical format and most importantly, shows the student how to write their own financial plan as they go through the course.

So when you finish the course, not only will you be financially literate, but you will have a written financial plan ready to go -- a plan you understand and can refer to, follow, and modify as needed throughout your life.

I know many of you won't need it and won't take it and that's fine. But keep it in mind for associates and colleagues you run into on this forum and elsewhere that it would be perfect for.

The course can be found here: Fire Your Financial Advisor

The blog post announcing it (with more information) can be found here: https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/fire-your-financial-advisor-the-wci-online-course/

If you have any questions about the course, let me know.
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Congrats on the launch!  I'm going to buy it to sharpen my skills.

Comment

Congrats on the launch!  I’m going to buy it to sharpen my skills.

I detect a healthy dose of sarcasm, but believe it or not, at least one advisor did buy it today! Although the motive is unknown.
      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Congrats on the launch!  I’m going to buy it to sharpen my skills.
        Click to expand…

I detect a healthy dose of sarcasm, but believe it or not, at least one advisor did buy it today! Although the motive is unknown.

No sarcasm at all.  Seriously!

Comment

You can find a sample here-- Advanced Asset Protection (5:01). Hits some main points without fluff. All the videos are indexed and similarly bite sized (about 5 minutes or less) for presumably easy reference. Personally, I love seeing other physician's side projects (can you still call WCI a side project?) and their successful launches. So, congrats on the launch!

Comment

The page isn't working as of right now. Both the link above and in the blog post returns: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Comment

The page isn’t working as of right now. Both the link above and in the blog post returns: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I just clicked through and the link looks fine from my computer. Are you still having trouble accessing the course website?

Comment

The page isn’t working as of right now. Both the link above and in the blog post returns: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
                Click to expand…

I just clicked through and the link looks fine from my computer. Are you still having trouble accessing the course website?

I am. Tried it in two browsers. In Chrome it says ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE and in Firefox it says Secure Connection Failed.

I can get to whitecoatinvestor.teachable.com, but clicking on the course gives an error.

Comment

That's weird that they were both down at once. They're both up right now, but since they're on totally separate servers, I wonder if it was an issue on your end.

Comment

Whats in this that's not in the book? $10 vs $499. Wowzer.

Comment

Whats in this that’s not in the book? $10 vs $499. Wowzer.

Well, for starters 7+ hours of video and screencasts, 2 tests, and 12 quizzes with full explanations. None of that is in the book. If you prefer books, read books. If you prefer an online course, take this. If someone is willing to read a dozen finance books, they're not the target audience for this course. Their spouses, partners, and colleagues  might be though.

People who visit this forum every day are also not the target audience. I have no doubt in my mind that you won't be buying it. That's okay. It wasn't designed with you in mind.

And it's $399 for the next 6 days. $499 after that.

Comment

I've been a boglehead all my life without even knowing it. But I have partners who pay anywhere from 20-80k a year for advisors to manage their assets under the AUM charge. I will send out this link to them. If they can learn from this, $399 would be chump change for a huge saving. Maybe they can even pay for it pretax from their corporation?  

WCI, I have read your book and I have learned a lot. I even bought a book as a present for my daughter as she started her first day of residency, along with a copy of Millionaire next door.

Comment

I enjoyed listening to the podcast describing the course. It is not for me (too far along, too many bad habits , etc), but I will pass it along to my junior colleagues.

Comment

Working...
                          X