Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghetto
    replied
    Not many 26 year olds have life insurance.

What a devastating situation. She ruined a lot of lives including her own.

Leave a comment:

• Brains428
    replied
    A few years back the same happened to a student going into family medicine at my institution. Interviews were essentially over (it was early February). She was killed by a drunk driver around 8 am. Sad stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenlittle
    replied
    Go fund me complete and not accepting donations

Leave a comment:

• The White Coat Investor
    replied

So tragic.
    The family isn’t on the hook for the student loans, right??

No, despite what the go fund me page says.

Leave a comment:

• Hatton
    replied
    I am speechless.  If the woman was suicidal why not crash the car into a tree!

Leave a comment:

• squaredroot
    replied
    Very tragic and sad

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod
    replied
    That is just, idk, even more horrible if that was possible...

Leave a comment:

• The White Coat Investor
    replied
    It gets worse. It wasn't even an accident. It was murder.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46252140&nid=148&title=california-woman-charged-with-killing-former-byu-football-player-in-suicide-attempt

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied

How many people had life insurance while in medical school?  I know I didn’t.  My (first) life insurance policy was purchased as a 3rd year orthopedic resident.
    Click to expand…

If you have a wife / children, absolutely need it.

I didn't say otherwise.  We all know that, now.  What I asked was, how many people in his situation had life insurance while in medical school?

Turns out my cousin is in dental school in San Antonio and knows this guy and his family.  His son used to attend the in-home pre-school my cousin's wife ran.

Leave a comment:

• wideopenspaces
    replied
    So tragic.
    The family isn't on the hook for the student loans, right??

Leave a comment:

• Miss Bonnie MD
    replied

How many people had life insurance while in medical school?  I know I didn’t.  My (first) life insurance policy was purchased as a 3rd year orthopedic resident.

If you have a wife / children, absolutely need it.

Leave a comment:

• bean1970
    replied

Hate to say this, but did he not have life insurance??? I’m thinking not if they need a go fund me account ..

Even if they did still takes roughly 30 days roughly to payout. Occasionally up to 60 days. If living paycheck to paycheck without a emergency fund or any significant savings could be tight a couple weeks.   It may or may not been set up by them.

Tragic.

Leave a comment:

• q-school
    replied
    Re: life insurance.
    This is not directed as a criticism of the poor fellow.

If you’ve got three kids, you should prioritize life insurance. Regardless of whether you are a student or working.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    How many people had life insurance while in medical school?  I know I didn't.  My (first) life insurance policy was purchased as a 3rd year orthopedic resident.

Leave a comment:

• VagabondMD
    replied
    Brutal and tragic. Some of the articles suggested that the wrong way driver was doing so intentionally as a suicide attempt (or arguing with her mother on the phone). I made a contribution.

I often marvel at how much of well being, success and happiness is in the hands of the Fates.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X