Apologies for site breaking this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies for site breaking this morning

Unfortunately, the site was broken by the hosting company this morning. We were forced to restore a backed-up version of the site. Basically, what that means for you (and me) is that any forum post or blog comment you left on Sunday (as well as several hours of work on blog posts that I did) no longer exists. We are taking steps to keep this from happening again.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Thank you for addressing it.

Comment

Glad it's fixed! What a PITA that must have been :x
      Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

I thought I broke it.  Whew.

Comment

I thought I broke it.  Whew.

Nah, it was me. We had some really good conversations last night, and then I went to bed. When I woke up, it was all gone.

Comment

Nah, it was me. We had some really good conversations last night, and then I went to bed. When I woke up, it was all gone.

And I had the new tax bill all figured out and perfectly explained so that even a 3rd grader could understand - it was a masterpiece. Erased forever and I'll never be able to replicate it 
            Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

who knows may be too much drinking...  

Comment

All my witty posts just gone....

Comment

I thought the Chinese spammers DDOS'd it.

Comment

I thought the Chinese spammers DDOS’d it.

All I know is that the site would not have gone down on MY watch.

Comment

I thought the Chinese spammers DDOS’d it.
                      Click to expand…

All I know is that the site would not have gone down on MY watch. ????

Ur bant x 1000

Comment

Hopefully this won’t come across the wrong way, but it may be worth increasing expenditure in the category below given the uptick in the site’s traffic.  That number seems kind of low, at least to a person with no experience with this kind of thing.

• Hosting/Internet/Communication etc: $4,408

Edit: Fittingly I got the Cloudflare Error 520 message after I posted this

Comment

I had posted about the site acting a bit flaky a couple of days earlier and this morning it just went down. Not sure if the two are correlated.

Comment

I had posted about the site acting a bit flaky a couple of days earlier and this morning it just went down. Not sure if the two are correlated.

Yeah, it sounds like you took the site down.

Comment

i was in withdrawal mode all morning with no forum to read prior to leaving this morning

Comment

Working...
                              X