VagabondMD the blogger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VagabondMD the blogger

VagabondMD recently wrote a great guest post for me about his experience with physician burnout. It's good stuff if you have interest in the topic, or if you just can't get enough of him on this forum

Please share it with anyone who could benefit. Thanks.

http://thehappyphilosopher.com/adventure-burnout/

I remember saying once "how in the world could a radiologist get burned out?" And Vagabond's response was something along the lines of "dude, you have no idea..." guess I'd better go read it. Thanks for sharing

Comment

I remember saying once “how in the world could a radiologist get burned out?” And Vagabond’s response was something along the lines of “dude, you have no idea…” guess I’d better go read it. Thanks for sharing

Dude, that sounds like something I would say.

Thanks for the shout out and opportunity, @thehappyphilosopher

Comment

I found it! https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forums/topic/podcasts/#post-22639

Except, I beg your pardon, it was "clue," not "idea."  Thus I chastise myself...

In other news, your moderator nomination seems to have borne fruit :-D now, to engage in abuse of power...

Comment

Thought-provoking post. It really gives some context to some of the questions he's asked here on the forum.

I hope @VagabondMD starts a blog of his own. He's writtten a couple posts that I've published, and I've got another lined up.

Now that I think about it, I hope he never starts a blog of his own. I'll gladly featured his work on my site!

Comment

Thanks V for sharing!  Your example in overcoming burnout is even more inspirational than your words.  Peace to you and your family!

Comment

I found it! https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forums/topic/podcasts/#post-22639

Except, I beg your pardon, it was “clue,” not “idea.”  Thus I chastise myself…

In other news, your moderator nomination seems to have borne fruit ???? now, to engage in abuse of power…

LOL! That sounds even more likely something I would have said.

It is more fun to be nominated (as a moderator, as a blogger, as a President, etc.) than it is to actually do the work.

The unanswered question is will I draw a penalty flag here for unapproved vocabulary on another site. I am awaiting the FedEx from Mr. Goodell.

Comment

Beastly post vagabond.

Where is your blog at? Do it!!!

Rads looks easy but it is stressful. There is pressure to produce in PP and even in academics. There is a grind aspect to it (#of studies - cross sectional - can be killer) and IR - yea it was cool in residency but heck I ain't coming in at 2 a.m. For an angio and foam pushing for that itsy bitty bleeder.

Comment

I sent the article to all of the physicians in our practice yesterday afternoon as well as a few friends. I received the reply below at 0439 this morning from one whom I have been worried about as he has seemed to be a quite stressed as of late.

"Yup. All true.

Read at 0400 after a sleepless night"

Thank you for being so open and sharing your experience with this problem.

It is making a difference.

Our hospital brought a counselor in to discuss this problem during a medical staff meeting, but your personal story is so much more powerful and pertinent.

Comment

Great article, Vagabond

Comment

Thanks for sharing. It is a great article.

Comment

Vagabond (and Happy Philosopher) thank you for sharing, and I'm happy you are at peace.

Comment

Great article Vagabond.  I just read it.  You have some writing talent if you do decide to throw in the towel on medicine.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your story.  I also appreciated listening to the podcast which was linked.

Comment

A wonderful post, Vagabond.  I wish it could be mandatory reading for all young MDs.

Comment

Working...
                              X