Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim
    replied

Our only “child” is our polydactyl tabby cat.  Given that he’s got thumbs (two on each front paw!) and seems more intelligent than our friends’ babies (we are at the age where many are starting to have babies), I feel he counts.

We have one of those too.  I think she has 2 thumbs on one paw and 3 on the other! We named her "Polly"  :P

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

My profession: A full-time stay at home mom

My spouse works for a large corporation.
    I take care of the finances because I love finances and I don’t want hubby to have to bear the burden of doing this.
    I stumbled upon this blog through googling “200,000 salary investments”.  I really needed to find ways to help our tax income since it’s so high. I am not complaining but am so grateful that my husband makes great money!
    Happy to be here!

Love your tag line. I was a SAHM running business out of my home when kids were young. Kudos to you - know everybody can't but I admire parents who can. And my boys both married women who are doing the same.

Leave a comment:

• iheartmicky
    replied
    My profession: A full-time stay at home mom

My spouse works for a large corporation.
    I take care of the finances because I love finances and I don't want hubby to have to bear the burden of doing this.
    I stumbled upon this blog through googling "200,000 salary investments".  I really needed to find ways to help our tax income since it's so high. I am not complaining but am so grateful that my husband makes great money!
    Happy to be here!

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Our only “child” is our polydactyl tabby cat.  Given that he’s got thumbs (two on each front paw!) and seems more intelligent than our friends’ babies (we are at the age where many are starting to have babies), I feel he counts.

Of course he counts! I've had a granddog for 4 years now, but he's going to be a big brother in April.

Leave a comment:

• mrspop
    replied
    Our only "child" is our polydactyl tabby cat.  Given that he's got thumbs (two on each front paw!) and seems more intelligent than our friends' babies (we are at the age where many are starting to have babies), I feel he counts.

Leave a comment:

• chrisCD
    replied
    We also have 3 dogs (Basset-Riley, Lab-Autumn, & a Kelpie-Brooke), 2 cats (Russian Blue-Bella, Orange Tabby-Elsa), and a Tortoise-Captain Pistachio.

Cats and Kelpie were rescues.

cd :O)

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Official title:  Client Relations Manager

Role:  Sales

Niche:  Super exciting Bank CDs (:O) ) [16-years]

Past and sometimes current life:  Programmer

I also enjoy depositaccounts.com, seekingalpha.com, freedomthirtyfiveblog.com, and city-data.com/forum (multiple topic).  Even though I’m not a doc, I appreciate the advice here and have really enjoyed the new forum.  I’m a father of 6 children and my wife and I met when we were 14, rollerskating.  No grandchildren yet, and really not in a hurry as the 3 older children aren’t really in a position to be starting families.

As far as other questions: family size for those that don’t mind sharing.

2 grown sons from first marriage, happily married 20 years 2nd time around. 3 grandchildren and another on the way. Will share photos to anyone interested  

And Beau, my Aussie Shepherd, who does this when he wants attention (trying to upload picture, but don't think it is taking).

Leave a comment:

• chrisCD
    replied
    Official title:  Client Relations Manager

Role:  Sales

Niche:  Super exciting Bank CDs (:O) ) [16-years]

Past and sometimes current life:  Programmer

I also enjoy depositaccounts.com, seekingalpha.com, freedomthirtyfiveblog.com, and city-data.com/forum (multiple topic).  Even though I'm not a doc, I appreciate the advice here and have really enjoyed the new forum.  I'm a father of 6 children and my wife and I met when we were 14, rollerskating.  No grandchildren yet, and really not in a hurry as the 3 older children aren't really in a position to be starting families.

As far as other questions: family size for those that don't mind sharing.

Leave a comment:

• mrspop
    replied
    data scientist here, husband is in B2B sales.

I mostly lurk at WCI, since neither of us are medical professionals.  We're also on MMM and Mr PoP reads bogleheads and ERE forums as well, but none of them seem to be quite our speed.  So instead of committing to one, we nibble from the various forums for ideas, like a personal finance buffet.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied
    CPA 35 yrs, CFP 8 yrs, love financial planning, really enjoy working with medical professionals, and think this site is the best of its kind. Forum participation is my cup of tea so I enjoy hanging around. Don't get involved in other forums and financial media but follow a couple of blogs, particularly A Wealth of Common Sense. Subscribe to Nick Murray's newsletters.

Also like to read chef-talk on Quora for fun.

Leave a comment:

• iglord
    replied
    I'm a writer and manage our rental property. Throughout my wife's medical school years I was a part time standardized patient before becoming a stay at home dad. I make a lot less money than money than my wife, but these gigs give us flexibility. Instead of having to work two "day jobs" around appointments, vacations, and our daughter, I have the flexibility to be there and make things happen.

I regularly read Mr Money Mustache and and the Bogleheads forums.

Leave a comment:

• scbunker
    started a topic Calling 'Other Professionals'

Calling 'Other Professionals'

What is your profession?

Why are you here? / Why do you find this site helpful?

If you're a 'Spouse' of a physician, why is your job better or worse than your spouse's?

Given this site is largely (but not only) for physicians and some things don't apply to us, what other financial blogs/sites do you read that you find is at least as helpful as WCI?

Ask other questions. Let's get to know each Other. We Others should stick together.

Working...
X