The Latest Trend in Skiing Is Renting Out the Entire Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest Trend in Skiing Is Renting Out the Entire Mountain

"“Fresh powder is one of the rarest ­commodities in the world,” says Aaron Brill, co-owner of Silverton Mountain. There’s a reason you’ve never heard of the resort. The private ski club in southeastern Colorado limits access to 80 guests a day—unless someone buys out the mountain. First tracks after lunchtime? It’s an advantage that no name-brand resort can provide: not Aspen, not Vail, not St. Moritz."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-02/the-latest-trend-in-skiing-is-renting-out-the-entire-mountain

maybe we can add this to the blog post on financial milestones worth celebrating?

Comment

Or add to the post listing things you can do if you aggressively save :P

Comment

My long-term financial planning includes dispensation for staying fit enough to hike to fresh powder, saving my dollars for other purposes (like new powder skis).

Comment

Wci should rent the mountain and have his conference there. Someone second the motion!

Comment

Wci should rent the mountain and have his conference there. Someone second the motion!

Second!

Now, what I want to see is someone rent out a small hall and have their favorite band/performer play just for them and a group of friends.  If anyone wants to do this I vote for Frank Turner as the artist.

Comment

Why limit yourself to just one mountain of fresh tracks when you can have every run on a different mountain for less than $1000 a day? Seems silly.

Skiing at a resort is like climbing in a gym. It's good practice, but it's not the real thing.
              Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

I’m willing for you to pay for us to ski on multiple mountains. Let it not be said that we are inflexible

Comment

Working...
                X