Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discuss Latest WCI Blog Post: Top 5 Reasons to Work after Attaining Financial Independence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discuss Latest WCI Blog Post: Top 5 Reasons to Work after Attaining Financial Independence

Just because you've reached financial independence, that doesn't mean you have to stop working, particularly if you love your job.

The post Top 5 Reasons to Work after Attaining Financial Independence appeared first on The White Coat Investor - Investing & Personal Finance for Doctors.

Click here to view the article!
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

5 good reasons. Good writing.

Think the key is gaining flexibility and the ability to say no and negotiate terms from a position of strength.

A broke and desperate for money position is a position of weakness.

The borrower is an indentured servant.

Freedom.

Comment

I’d add one. Loyalty, or commitment if you prefer. Probably doesn’t always apply, but in my case my boss and I had a handshake deal. He kept his end and I intend to keep mine even if it means I work a couple years past FI. The issue here of course is that the commitment on the other end (e.g., the hospital, the practice, etc.) is not always there. The job doesn’t always love you back. Even so, if you make a commitment, keep it.

Comment

Working...
      X