Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discuss Latest WCI Blog Post: The WCI Annual Survey Results Are In!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discuss Latest WCI Blog Post: The WCI Annual Survey Results Are In!

    We asked you about how we're doing as a media company. Thousands of you answered. Here's what you had to say about The White Coat Investor.

    The post The WCI Annual Survey Results Are In! appeared first on The White Coat Investor - Investing & Personal Finance for Doctors.



    Click here to view the article!
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

  • #2
    best bits for me:
    • 75% DIY
    • 74% disability insurance
    • the gram is an insane marketing tool
    • who still uses Fb? seriously, ok boomer.
    • 92% trust recommendations - i refer people here all of the time esp for financial planning
    • not funny - sorry jim gotta go with the masses on this, you are many things but your humor seems limited to dad jokes
    • on the politics - i think the site/blog/podcast have greatly improved on this, if people want a less inclusive message i don't know what to do with that, it's always been clear that WCI wants to grow...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MPMD View Post
      best bits for me:
      • 75% DIY
      • 74% disability insurance
      • the gram is an insane marketing tool
      • who still uses Fb? seriously, ok boomer.
      • 92% trust recommendations - i refer people here all of the time esp for financial planning
      • not funny - sorry jim gotta go with the masses on this, you are many things but your humor seems limited to dad jokes
      • on the politics - i think the site/blog/podcast have greatly improved on this, if people want a less inclusive message i don't know what to do with that, it's always been clear that WCI wants to grow...
      Watch the OK Boomer stuff. I would hate to ban a moderator.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hatton View Post

        Watch the OK Boomer stuff. I would hate to ban a moderator.
        bring it on

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MPMD View Post

          bring it on
          I was joking.

          Comment


          • #6
            FB seems like a dying platform.

            The people who get offended by the cocaine and hookers joke are probably wound a bit too tight.

            People who get offended by politics (especially when this is a very benign site with regards to politics) probably don’t fare too well in the real world and with conflict.

            You can’t please everyone all the time.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

              The people who get offended by the cocaine and hookers joke are probably wound a bit too tight.
              You beat me to it. I think it is a funny expression and it is used commonly enough but whatever. Maybe it needs to be updated to video games and porn.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
                FB seems like a dying platform.

                The people who get offended by the cocaine and hookers joke are probably wound a bit too tight.

                People who get offended by politics (especially when this is a very benign site with regards to politics) probably don’t fare too well in the real world and with conflict.

                You can’t please everyone all the time.
                Yeah, and I am sure if the politics they think he is portraying were flipped then they would not say a word about it. Michael Jordan was right though, republicans buy shoes also.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
                  Maybe it needs to be updated to video games and porn.
                  This offends me...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hatton View Post

                    I was joking.
                    i was too
                    good reminder of just how bad the web is for tone

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

                      This offends me...
                      OK, Millennial!

                      (In case the silly face didn't make it clear, this is intended as a joke!)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hookers & blow and gimme loan forgiveness, but only for those that have screen names like Lefty or Anti-Vaxer some religious or masking opinions.
                        The reality is this is the world we live in. It will impact your financial well being.

                        Full disclosure: My wife is always right, regardless of the topic. She tells me every day.

                        The only thing that irritating is when some go personal. Unnecessary. There are some intriguing points of polar opposite views. Need to be heard.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The comments were pretty amusing

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This is perhaps my favorite of all times. It tells a story, our story, with data. As others have noted Jim remains a large part of the draw so I especially enjoy when he is the author. As for hookers and cocaine please keep it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              knowing wci's background i always thought the hookers and cocaine line was especially funny

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X