Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discuss Latest POF Blog Post: My Top 5 Airbnb Pet Peeves & How to be a Good Host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discuss Latest POF Blog Post: My Top 5 Airbnb Pet Peeves & How to be a Good Host

I’m a big fan of Airbnb. It’s our go-to for family travel accommodations. Over the last seven years, I’ve spent ... Read more

Click here to view the article!
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Great ideas. We got burned on the TP one last fall in Big Sky. I understand the pots and pans get trashed by everyone, but they could literally add $10 to each rental and supply each visit with a brand new non stick fry pan from Ikea. I've slowly started making a checklist of things to bring when we rent, and I always bring knives and cast iron when we're driving. I'm considering bringing them when we fly, too, since they are such a sorry excuse for knives and pans wherever we visit. I'm going to look into a canvas knife roll.

Edit, one that PoF didn't mention, but irritates me to no end is shitty daylight temperature lightbulbs in fixtures. I am trying to take a vacation from an examination room or lab, not vacation at one! Almost worse is a different temp bulb in each fixture!

Comment

I often wonder whether posters on this site would make for the worst patients, airbnb guests and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by auggie1983 View Post
        I often wonder whether posters on this site would make for the worst patients, airbnb guests and so on...
        Not sure what you mean. AirBnB, VRBO, etc are trying to take the place of hotels, with added amenities like kitchens, washer/dryers, and home-like living spaces. If those spaces are substandard, then what is the point?

Most of my VRBO/AirBnB experiences have been great. We’ve stayed in Hawaii a couple of times, Paris, Moab, Jackson, WY, and had good accommodations with nice amenities. Our one bad experience was in Dallas—not as many beds as advertised, not clean, and pool and hot tub cold and cold/dirty. I definitely became more stringent on what I would accept as far as ratings and reviews go after that though.

Comment

I’m new to the game - normally just use hotels. But, last year we tried renting the big beach place and invited the adult kids. All in all a good experience. One anecdote on expectations. We got an “emergency” number. I called it when the washer would not complete its cycle and unlock. The calling service told me that didn’t count as an emergency. I patiently explained that I was the paying customer, my wife was mad at the washer and taking it out on me, and that was the very definition of an emergency. (I was polite, really.) Anyway, they sent the guy. Turns out it happened pretty frequently and there was a trick. Anyway, no hard feelings; we’d go back. But I am not willing to roll over for bad service at the price of a one week rental.

Comment

Working...
          X