Liposuction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liposuction

Ok. Most of you on here can afford to do it.

So, have you done it? Tummy tuck, ultrasound guns? Cream? Trying to get rid of that extra fat around the handle, that isn’t going away with diet and exercise?

Surgeons who do these procedures, do you think they work with good results?

Thanks.

No. I try to accept myself as is.

Comment

Tummy tucks are just awful procedures, IMO. Not an awful thing for the surgeon to do, but awful for the extreme nature of what the pt endures. Big huge cut of the lower abdomen, where a chunk of that area is cut out, and then the now wider incision is pulled back together. Very tight for the pt, and they Dedi have to know it’ll take a while for them to feel like they can straighten all the way up and stretch. My wife had lipo but not the tummy tuck. She’s glad she did it, a year later, but it was quite bothersome to her for the first week or so. She was very bruised and swollen. Had to wear compression garments around all the areas that had lipo performed, and this was uncomfortable being worn 24/7. It’s been a little over a year, since her lipo, and she looks great (I thought she looked great before it as well) and she’s very happy she had it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
        No. I try to accept myself as is.
        I do too however if I thought any of the anti aging face stuff looked natural I might consider. Maybe there are jobs so good I can't tell but for the rest of them it is just kind of sad.

Comment

I guess I'm only 40 but so far I'm sticking with sunscreen, daily exercise and reasonable diet. I've never had surgery of any kind and I'm not going to lie, it freaks me out. Not sure I'd ever do it on purpose. My MIL died during a surgery to fix an old gastric bypass procedure, so that colors my perception- is there anything I hate so much about my body that it's worth dying over? Not so far!

Comment

My wife really wanted a face lift at 60. It was completely up to her. But gotta say the surgeon did a great job. Very natural appearance. Did not overdo anything. She is very happy. But I will say the first week of recovery was brutal.

Comment

If you got a turkey neck neck lifts are a no brainer. Crazier how much younger they can make people look. Also preventative botox

Comment

Originally posted by Turf Doc View Post
                If you got a turkey neck neck lifts are a no brainer.
                These people should just wear a dickie. Cheaper…and stylish, to boot.

Comment

I did Tummy tuck. Happy about the result thus my decision.

Comment

Originally posted by laserbeam2016 View Post
                    I did Tummy tuck. Happy about the result thus my decision.
                    How was your recovery? I recall, in med school, seeing the plastic surgeons do this. It always seemed like the pts could not fully stand up straight afterwards because of the tightness of the newly sutured abdomen wound. Was that my long ago med student imagination? Or did it actually feel like that? After much healing time, the results always looked great

Comment

Originally posted by Eye3md View Post

How was your recovery? I recall, in med school, seeing the plastic surgeons do this. It always seemed like the pts could not fully stand up straight afterwards because of the tightness of the newly sutured abdomen wound. Was that my long ago med student imagination? Or did it actually feel like that? After much healing time, the results always looked great
                      Recovery was not bad. I took 2 weeks off work. Only used oxycodone once, the rest of the time alternated between tylenol and ibuprofen for a couple of days. Used abdominal binder for a couple of weeks. Did not feel standing up a huge problem, or maybe just because I anticipated it. Went back to work on time without issues.

Comment

Yeah, no. Nip/Tuck has really put me off any cosmetic procedures.

Comment

Yeah. Every procedure has risks, including cosmetic ones. I learned that the first time I saw a patient come in completely blind in one eye with a retinal artery embolic occlusion after someone injected filler into her face.

Comment

Are there any plastic surgeons on here who would like to chime in?

Comment

I will avoid surgery if at all possible. No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X