Net Worth Zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Net Worth Zero

I started my first job 2.5 years ago with a net worth of around negative 290K. Today I reached my first milestone of net worth zero. Last NYE I set a goal to have NW zero before 2022. I got a small Christmas bonus that just put me over today. I just wanted to tell someone because I don't like my friends or family (other than my wife) to know my finances. Yay. Now just to get rid of the loans once and for all.

It only gets easier from here!

Comment

Our figures were pretty similar to yours last year - congrats! It goes up pretty fast from here!

Comment

it gets much better now. Congrats on zero!

Comment

Awesome - back to broke.

Comment

Way to go! You're going to do great!

Comment

Congrats on your NW goal.
              2.5 years out, that is a big deal. Break your goals into controllable pieces.
              Getting rid of the loans is a good one.
              I hope you stay on track with your retirement and another might be to take your family to dinner the next holiday.

I am more impressed with you staying with a process. That will consistently achieve more than a single goal. I hope you achieve them all.

Comment

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Amazing. Strong work! Time to turn positive now!

Comment

Originally posted by eyeballz View Post
                    I started my first job 2.5 years ago with a net worth of around negative 290K. Today I reached my first milestone of net worth zero. Last NYE I set a goal to have NW zero before 2022. I got a small Christmas bonus that just put me over today. I just wanted to tell someone because I don't like my friends or family (other than my wife) to know my finances. Yay. Now just to get rid of the loans once and for all.
                    You are likely to do quite well going forward. Measuring your net worth on a regular basis, creating goals, and tracking the progress are great tools that can lead to a high level of success. Congratulations on zero.

Next goals? 5-figure net worth? Date? 6-figure net worth? Date? And finally 7-figures? Date?

Comment

Awesomeness! Congratulations!!!

Drink a zero calorie beverage to celebrate!

WOW that was fast!

Took me 3-4 years to destroy 300k at 6% and i was working a lot of extra calls/shifts.

You must have really worked very hard.

Great job!!! Now save and invest!

VTSAX is your friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Tangler View Post
                        Awesomeness! Congratulations!!!

Drink a zero calorie beverage to celebrate!

WOW that was fast!

Took me 3-4 years to destroy 300k at 6% and i was working a lot of extra calls/shifts.

You must have really worked very hard.

Great job!!! Now save and invest!

VTSAX is your friend!
                        this should be a TOS violation.

drink a $200 bottle of champagne to celebrate!

Comment

Haha. My initial goal was to take my wife to a dinner we cant afford but will have to wait because I'm on call. Thank you all for the well wishes. My further goals will indeed be 5 figure net worth, then 6, then 7. Loans paid off hopefully in 2-3 more years (going slow because investing over repayment currently). VTSAX and relax. Will keep yall posted.

Comment

Originally posted by eyeballz View Post
                            Haha. My initial goal was to take my wife to a dinner we cant afford but will have to wait because I'm on call. Thank you all for the well wishes. My further goals will indeed be 5 figure net worth, then 6, then 7. Loans paid off hopefully in 2-3 more years (going slow because investing over repayment currently). VTSAX and relax. Will keep yall posted.
                            Nicely done, cheers to "getting back to broke" being the first of many milestones. Are you an Ophthalmologist on a partnership track? That would accelerate things for sure.

Comment

Congratulations you worthless b******

Comment

Working...
                              X