Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discuss Latest POF Blog Post: FIRE Crossroads 003: Academic Radiologist with 22 Vacation Days a Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discuss Latest POF Blog Post: FIRE Crossroads 003: Academic Radiologist with 22 Vacation Days a Year

Most physicians I know work more than full-time, and today’s interviewee is no exception. His days are long, the workload ... Read more

Click here to view the article!
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Who ever it was. Thanks for sharing your finances and plan! Good luck!

Comment

11-12 hr days, 22d vacation, 6 weeks nights. ouch

if the subject reads this and is interested in a better job please PM me

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
        11-12 hr days, 22d vacation, 6 weeks nights. ouch

if the subject reads this and is interested in a better job please PM me
        It is a wonder that they can staff these academic jobs in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by VagabondMD View Post

It is a wonder that they can staff these academic jobs in this day and age.
          is it ignorance? people are in a bubble and don't realize there are other, better options out there? people just get comfortable in their position, as unbearable as it is?

Comment

inertia is a powerful force

Comment

That is insane. Even if someone is set on doing academics there are plenty of academic jobs that are 100x better than this. There are places that do (2-3 more weeks of nights), 8-5 remainder of work days, and have about 20 weeks off.

Comment

Working...
              X