Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCICON22 - who's going? (Edited to open poll back up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved WCI#1. I was fun meeting online folks in real life. I am on the fence.

Comment

Wow, disappointed that more of the forum friends were not attending. I am in the #2 camp (probably, wait and see). I have blocked the time off my schedule and am looking forward to taking a break from winter weather and also catching up with some friends in the PHX area.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
        When it comes to the northeast!
        when there is no pandemic
        When leaving my wife alone with 4 kids costs me less then the price of the conference.
        Kids stay free! Surely they can play in a corner.
        "Remember when Dad used to take us on vacation to conferences?" Priceless.

Comment

How much is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Neuro-doc View Post
            COVID's effects on travel and meetings began while I was at WCICON2020 in Vegas, and COVID hasn't gone away.
            Doesn't that mean you need to go back in order to break COVID's vicious cycle?

Comment

Do we anticipate a block of hotel rooms at the Marriott for the event? Will we be able to book through the group?
              I looked online and it looks like it was fully booked for feb. 9-12.
              Also for other days, the nightly rate was $1,300-1,500. A little too pricey.

[Rooms in the block are $335 + a $25 resort fee-block is not yet sold out as of 9/19]
              Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 09-19-2021, 06:26 PM.

Comment

I'd like to go, but my vacation time next year is looking very tight, and I don't feel right about claiming it as conference/CME time away (partly because I am planning to do a specialty-based CME conference later in the year).

Comment

Originally posted by VagabondMD View Post
                  Wow, disappointed that more of the forum friends were not attending. I am in the #2 camp (probably, wait and see). I have blocked the time off my schedule and am looking forward to taking a break from winter weather and also catching up with some friends in the PHX area.
                  I think it would be fun to meet you folks!

However, i don’t need cme, i am still a little weary of gatherings (despite being vaccinated, i know a little silly), and traveling across the country just to listen to financial stuff seems a little silly since i already read /listen/ focus on personal finance too much.

Comment

At $1699 ($400 more than 2020) this is a no go for me as long as I do not have an employer to pay for it. Wish I went to WCI #1. If anyone wants to organize a free meetup I’m interested.
                    “Work” is a four letter word for good reason.

Comment

I'm the first person (and only thus far) to say that I'd be coming come ************************ or high water. As a speaker, I have that obligation. As a northern Michigander, I have that obligation to take my family someplace warm in February.

I did back out of attending FinCon, a big (2x-3x the size of this WCICon in terms of attendees) that is set to begin next week in Austin, Texas. I'll be attending that one virtually (and probably sparingly).

As of now, my wife and I should be eligible for vaccine boosters within the next month and our 10-year old will likely get his first two doses shortly thereafter. By February, my 12-year old would also be 8 months out from his 2nd dose, and likely eligible for a booster.

We'll have to see what the COVID situation is by then, but my best guess is that it will be much improved by then as compared to now. A vaccine-resistant variant could prove me wrong, though, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by HM7 View Post
                        Do we anticipate a block of hotel rooms at the Marriott for the event? Will we be able to book through the group?
                        I looked online and it looks like it was fully booked for feb. 9-12.
                        Also for other days, the nightly rate was $1,300-1,500. A little too pricey.
                        I'm definitely going and am glad I will be eligible for a COVID booster this fall, as well. There is a block of rooms reserved at the Marriott at a much lower price than that. You will get the link with your registration confirmation email.

The link to WCICON22 registration and info: www.whitecoatinvestor.com/WCICON22

Comment

I'll be there! Looking forward to getting out of the snow in Utah and have a chance for sunshine, golf, oh and the conference of course.
                          Helping student loan borrowers manage their student loans. StudentLoanAdvice.com. [email protected]

Comment

By coincidence, I've been traveling to PHX that week in Feb. to visit old friends and golf, so will certainly attend in person. My fractured humerus will prevent golfing, so all the more time to visit.

Comment

I changed my mind. I'm going! (I decided to claim the time off as conference time, but I'll pay the cost of the convention and hotel room from my own pocket. That seems fair enough, as I will indeed be earning some CME at the conference, just not as much as I'll get from attending the USCAP Annual Meeting in March.)

Comment

Originally posted by jz- View Post
                                By coincidence, I've been traveling to PHX that week in Feb. to visit old friends and golf, so will certainly attend in person. My fractured humerus will prevent golfing, so all the more time to visit.
                                Sorry about your injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X