Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discuss Latest POF Blog Post: Eight Lessons From Building A Seven-Figure Real Estate Portfolio (And Adding $1M A Year)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discuss Latest POF Blog Post: Eight Lessons From Building A Seven-Figure Real Estate Portfolio (And Adding $1M A Year)

I’m impressed when I hear someone has a seven figure real estate portfolio. I’m doubly impressed when I hear that ... Read more

Click here to view the article!
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

I like the Banker on FIRE blog. Well worth reading. As for the real estate approach he advocates here, I observe it has taken place in the context of a steadily improving real estate market (over the last ten years). What he suggests is absolutely doable. That is, I think the buy and hold scenario is a good one for direct ownership and have done so myself on a modest scale. It is also optional. And many readers will be glad they passed when we have the next real estate downturn.

Comment

He is right about most do it yourselfers don’t know how to calculate the rate return. Actually I don’t bother cause what’s the point? Unwinding RE is hard. Like stocks, when it goes up, you pat your back and it makes you feel smart. It’s really mostly luck. Having doctor income just allows you to go over a lot of speed bumps. Am I happy with my RE portfolio? Of course I am. Had I had to do it over again I’d be much better off sinking that money into FANG tsla chipotle.

Comment

Working...
      X