How Much Is a Poll Worth???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Is a Poll Worth???

I saw the following in my daily email from the NY Times ("The Morning"). It looks like Lordosis has been approaching this all wrong. Need to monetize the WCI polls. (Red font color added by me)

For sale: The minutiae of your day
    “Have you ever wanted to control my life?” a 15-year-old TikToker with 3.3 million followers asked in a recent online video. He then asked his fans what game he should play with friends — dodgeball or catch — and 78 percent chose dodgeball. Fans have also voted on what he should watch, what video games he should play and what to name his pet hamster.
    These interactions are an example of how start-ups are making it easier for digital creators to monetize every aspect of their lives, as Taylor Lorenz, a Times tech reporter, writes. One of those companies is NewNew, where fans pay to vote in polls, like the dodgeball one, to determine a creator’s daily choices. Five votes cost $4.99.
    “It doesn’t matter how boring you think you are, there’s someone out there who would find your life interesting to the point that they’re willing to pay,” NewNew’s founder, Courtne Smith, said.

Darn, all that lost revenue!

Comment

I clicked on the thread hoping for a poll asking how much I expect to paid to answer a poll question. Disappointed.

Comment

We are so screwed as a society.

Comment

Seems close to the movie Nerve (2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Panscan View Post
            We are so screwed as a society.
            Post a picture of your lunch. Feel better?

Comment

Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
              Seems close to the movie Nerve (2016)
              Or a Black Mirror episode.

Comment

Where can i buy tokens for lordosis polls and do you accept dogecoins?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma Knives View Post
                  I clicked on the thread hoping for a poll asking how much I expect to paid to answer a poll question. Disappointed.
                  Same. Maybe that is why we are rich.

Then again, perhaps so are the folks watching and paying $5 to vote on a tiktok star.

But probably not.

Comment

just wait till you guys hear about simping....

Comment

Originally posted by childay View Post

Or a Black Mirror episode.
                      Yeah i think it was an episode.

Comment

Even when I am promised money for voting on choices in the medical questionnaires that flood my inbox every day I rarely ( well never) bite on it. I have burned in the past and now value my time more.

Imagine people paying to vote. Or the medical polling companies asking us to pay before being allowed to take their secret questionnaire. Maybe that reverse psychology trick might work on us in answering those stupid questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post
                          Even when I am promised money for voting on choices in the medical questionnaires that flood my inbox every day I rarely ( well never) bite on it. I have burned in the past and now value my time more.

Imagine people paying to vote. Or the medical polling companies asking us to pay before being allowed to take their secret questionnaire. Maybe that reverse psychology trick might work on us in answering those stupid questions.
                          People do seem to like spending money.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

People do seem to like spending money.
                            https://finance.yahoo.com/news/young...152629197.html

Really? What could go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              I don't know if I trust that graph. It says that everyone age 76+ put their stimulus check into Crypto. I am guessing it is not powered to be significant

Comment

Working...
                              X