No announcement yet.

Getting old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Biltmore Estate is technically in a LCOL area.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne View Post
      The Biltmore Estate is technically in a LCOL area.
      Asheville’s considered LCOL? I guess it’s near some pretty LCOL areas but I’ve heard that Asheville has some of the more expensive real estate in NC, despite a low number of high paying jobs, due to the retirees moving there and the mountains make it hard to build new homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusn View Post

Asheville’s considered LCOL? I guess it’s near some pretty LCOL areas but I heard Asheville has some of the more expensive real estate in NC, despite a low number of high paying jobs, due to the retirees moving there and the mountains make it hard to build new homes.
        Asheville real estate has definitely become more expensive in the past decade but I still consider it LCOL, especially in the surrounding communities. There are some beautiful expensive houses but you can also find a very reasonable cost of living if you look for it. I think I have a different scale of LCOL/MCOL/HCOL than some other people on here though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusn View Post

Asheville’s considered LCOL? I guess it’s near some pretty LCOL areas but I’ve heard that Asheville has some of the more expensive real estate in NC, despite a low number of high paying jobs, due to the retirees moving there and the mountains make it hard to build new homes.
          As Anne states, it is now a MCOL but in the early 90's it was a LCOL. It has transformed from a hippie town to a hip town with artists and rich retirees. Some might like Baltimore but I found it boring after just one visit. By the time the 2nd visit rolled by I just went in for the wine tasting and when the 3rd invite came by, I declined ( the pharma outings of those time). It is expensive to get in, going by their admission ticket prices.

Comment

Are you guys from Asheville area? Anyone near Tryon, NC? Horse country?

Comment

Originally posted by STATscans View Post
              No but I’ve vacationed and done triathlons/long bike rides in the area, it’s very pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Eye3md View Post

it looks like a monster sized home with columns and fancy decor. 12,000+ sq ft. Inside is filled with marble and all these decorative stuff from Europe (per the RE listing). Also, sits on a mountain top with views of the lake. Huge garage for the guy’s expensive cars.
                Wow, that’s what I think of as making a statement with a punctuation mark at the end!
                Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Originally posted by Eye3md View Post

it looks like a monster sized home with columns and fancy decor. 12,000+ sq ft. Inside is filled with marble and all these decorative stuff from Europe (per the RE listing). Also, sits on a mountain top with views of the lake. Huge garage for the guy’s expensive cars.
                  what's the link to the house?

Comment

I go to Brevard and Highlands, NC a good bit. Of course neither are Asheville but we’ve been there a few times. Asheville seems to be a “hot” commodity right now and real estate is crazy.....but, I think that’s everywhere now.

Comment

• Originally posted by STATscans View Post

what's the link to the house?
                      Geez I’d have to research it to find it again. It’s been five years or so since it sold

Comment

• Originally posted by STATscans View Post

Have not been in Asheville in a long time. There used to be many pharma meetings there in past but those have dried up in the past 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                        X