X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antares
    replied
    Originally posted by FreshPaint View Post
    A smart phone to me is like a mattress or dress shoes. If you spend a lot of time on it I think it's worth spending decent money on.
    My wife and daughter have 12s. I think they are getting bells and whistles that would be a waste for me. My SE does everything I’d want.

Leave a comment:

• FreshPaint
    replied
    A smart phone to me is like a mattress or dress shoes. If you spend a lot of time on it I think it's worth spending decent money on.

Leave a comment:

• DocNextDoor
    replied
    Originally posted by CFEonline View Post

Well that at least argues against my theory that apple tinkers with the software at some point to make older versions chew through battery / run poorly to get people to upgrade. Anecdotally it seemed like her phone just suddenly developed this problem after an update, however.
    No question mine and my son’s 6S both suddenly used significantly more battery (could literally watch the percentage charge drop 1% or more per min) after update to iOS 14, reported fixes did not help but always keeping it in low power mode was somewhat beneficial.

Leave a comment:

• ACN
    replied
    Originally posted by Dusn View Post

I got 2 new, free replacements of the iPhone 6 because after a few years the battery started to expand and when I took it to the iPhone store they told me that the battery was going to explode and they had to give me a replacement for free. Every time I got a new phone it started working great again for a year or two and there was no incentive to upgrade. It went on that way for at least 6+ years until I finally just upgraded.. it’s been so long that I can’t even remember how long I had that model iPhone any longer.
    They did slow down phones. They got fined. Problem is that these fines are a rounding error for most companies. $113 million fine.. Make it $1billion and maybe you'll stop shady practices

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/18/93626...C%20too%20late.

Leave a comment:

• Antares
    replied
    Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Yeah, but can your SE text, call, etc.?
    If I figure out how to turn it on, sonny

Leave a comment:

• CFEonline
    replied
    Originally posted by Dusn View Post

I got 2 new, free replacements of the iPhone 6 because after a few years the battery started to expand and when I took it to the iPhone store they told me that the battery was going to explode and they had to give me a replacement for free. Every time I got a new phone it started working great again for a year or two and there was no incentive to upgrade. It went on that way for at least 6+ years until I finally just upgraded.. it’s been so long that I can’t even remember how long I had that model iPhone any longer.
    Well that at least argues against my theory that apple tinkers with the software at some point to make older versions chew through battery / run poorly to get people to upgrade. Anecdotally it seemed like her phone just suddenly developed this problem after an update, however.

Leave a comment:

• Dusn
    replied
    Those of you who were using 6 versions - were you having issues with horrible battery life and the phone lagging/freezing up? Spouse has an 8, I think, from about 3 years ago, and she can barely make it half a day without needing to charge. I had assumed that was some "update" from apple designed to get people to upgrade their old phones...

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by Antares View Post
    Got the SE last summer. I don’t need the latest best camera, and it does everything I want from a smart phone at half the price of a new 12
    Yeah, but can your SE text, call, etc.?

Leave a comment:

• Hatton
    replied
    Those of you who were using 6 versions - were you having issues with horrible battery life and the phone lagging/freezing up? Spouse has an 8, I think, from about 3 years ago, and she can barely make it half a day without needing to charge. I had assumed that was some "update" from apple designed to get people to upgrade their old phones...
    My 6S was freezing up every time I took a photo. I got a 12 not pro and plan to keep it for years.

Leave a comment:

• Antares
    replied
    Got the SE last summer. I don’t need the latest best camera, and it does everything I want from a smart phone at half the price of a new 12

Leave a comment:

• TheDangerZone
    replied
    Have had an Xr for about a year. Works perfectly and is a good bang for your buck model. It should last me several more years.

Leave a comment:

• pierre
    replied
    Got a 12 pro a couple weeks ago. Battery has been awesome and a huge improvement from my last phone.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Those of you who were using 6 versions - were you having issues with horrible battery life and the phone lagging/freezing up?
    Yes. I had the battery replaced under their battery program and the battery still sucked even if the battery showed it was operating at 100% capacity. I was always having to plug my phone in all the time.

Leave a comment:

• CFEonline
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DocNextDoor
    replied
    Went from 6S to 12 mini, screen size bigger and battery life tremendously improved.
    without transferring to a different carrier or adding a line Walmart was the cheapest for Verizon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X